Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/15/24 at 15:03:36
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Changes in Financial Position (GL-F) (Read 738 times)
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Changes in Financial Position (GL-F)
04/25/03 at 16:01:39

I'm having a terrible time trying to get this to do anything valuable. No matter what options I pick each column has  the same numbers in it, even if I make the third column "Difference between Col 1 & 2"!

I set up the statement in AM-E using the full available range for each category - is that part of the problem? I wouldn't think so - it seems that it could be wrong, but if the report was working I'd at least get some variations.

Does this work right for anybody?

Beyond that, what I'd really like is to have a "Changes in Financial Position" report between any two dates at any time. My accountant seems astounded that DBA doesn't seem to be able to do this, along with a balance sheet as of any particular date. Any suggestions for a way to do this, such as what data I should be looking at?

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
JLZimm

Re: Changes in Financial Position (GL-F)
Reply #1 - 05/05/03 at 22:16:22

This one of the less useful modules in dba.  Sad  That being said, it is valuable.  We format it to use the entire range of GL Codes.   This means that the entire report should net to zero.   That is useful, as otherwise you don't know what has been left out.    

We certainly don't have all columns be zero, particularly when using a difference.   I wonder if you have set up the defaults correctly?

The main thing this does is let you know what catagories are varying in any one given month.  This is an esoteric report.   Useful only if you run it every month and become familiar with its quirks.   To get the kind of date to date cash flow you are asking for, I think you will need to use Access and ODBC.

Good Luck.

Jeanette Zimmerman
Lowery & Company Inc.

Jeanette Zimmerman
Lowery & Company Inc.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print