Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/19/24 at 14:03:04
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sales Invoice not posted to GL properly (Read 1013 times)
Chas99
Browser

Sales Invoice not posted to GL properly
05/05/03 at 13:23:07

???
We have a sales invoice which was being posted to the General Ledger. It would not have been able to be posted unless the transaction balanced.  Only part of the entry posted to the General Ledger.  What is the best way to correct?  It seems that this was one entire batch # that just did not get processed right. Maybe the computer froze while processing???  Anyhow I need to delete this entire batch number which luckily is only 4 items long. Should I go into the Maintain Database and correct it that way?

IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: Sales Invoice not posted to GL properly
Reply #1 - 05/05/03 at 13:48:52

You probably can to do it through GL-P.

However, I'd suggest you get someone who really knows what they're doing to guide you, as there are many things that get done when an invoice is posted. You want to make sure nothing is duplicated or forgotten/

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
JLZimm

, Re: Sales Invoice not posted to GL properly
Reply #2 - 05/05/03 at 22:50:55

David is right.  You can get it a good bit of trouble incorrectly correcting this.   If you have not posted these items to the general ledger, you can go to GL-P and delete them or use Maintain Database and delete them from BKGLTEMP.  

That will get them out of the GL.   However, you still have them elsewhere in the system.  

If the rest of the system shows the posting has happened, you will need a combination of entries to the General Journal and Maintain Database to get everything back in sync.  Make a back up of all your database files before you begin.

Jeanette Zimmerman
Lowery & Company Inc.

Jeanette Zimmerman
Lowery & Company Inc.
Email   IP Logged
Chas99
Ex Member

Re: Sales Invoice not posted to GL properly
Reply #3 - 05/14/03 at 14:37:38

Thank you David & Jeannette. I successfully corrected the problem by going into maintain database and cautiously correcting the items and making sure my books still balanced as well as making sure all other subledgers remained the same. Many thanks.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print