Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/16/24 at 19:52:29
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
allocations not matching the work orders (Read 1006 times)
martin572
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

allocations not matching the work orders
05/07/03 at 14:22:41

Here is the situation:

We are running 2000.1 patch 4.

The inventory inquiry screen shows that I have 98 units allocated in my locations and allocation screens. The work orders show that I have a total allocation of 74units.  

I checked the inventory transactions and they indicate that we should only have 74 units allocated.
I ran a materials issued report(JC-E) out of the job costing module and is shows that I have issued the correct amount of material resulting in only having 74 units allocated.

I ran a material in wip report(JC-P) and it shows that I have not issued 24 units but have completed them. The reports do not seem to match.

To fix this problem I have been told to run a rebuild work order report and this does seem to fix it.

As I understand it the rebuild report does not actually change any system value and is more to do with costing.

My question is why is this happening? I have talked with DBA tech support and they do not understand what is happening. I am in hopes that Lynn will be able to shed some light on this issue.

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: allocations not matching the work orders
Reply #1 - 05/07/03 at 14:42:52

Have you run MM-E (Reconcile Inventory on-hand)?

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 05/07/03 at 14:59:05

Well, first of all, I would suggest you update to the latest version, you are running a 3 year old version of the software and a lot of things have been fixed in 3 years.  Version 2002.4 is a pretty solid version and the DBA patch file and the IS Tech support updates will continue to improve on it and fix any further things we find.

I will confirm that the Rebuild Work Order utility does not affect inventory value or anything but will correct what you are seeing.  What is happening is that for some reason, when you are issuing material the transaction record (WOMAT file) is being created but the allocation record (WOBOM file) is not being updated to reduce the remaining allocation by the issue quantity.  he Rebuild Work Order utility will recalculate the allocation remaining in WOBOM based on the transactions to the work order in WOMAT which is why the utility corrects the problem.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
martin572
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 05/07/03 at 16:09:39

Lynn,

We are currently in the process of upgrading to the lastest version.

The process that we use to issue materials is backflushing. Based on what you understand is going on, are we doing something in our process to cause this error. It seem to surface every time we run a inventory re-order report and re-build the stock status fields.

Thanks,

Steve Martin
Alternative Manufacturing Inc.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 05/07/03 at 16:27:36

I would suspect it is more likely a program bug that has been fixed sometime in the last 3 years.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print