Send Topic Print
Bar Code Labels (Read 669 times)
admo
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Bar Code Labels
05/08/03 at 13:44:10

We would like to use bar code labels with DBA. We do not have a zebra printer and would be starting from scratch. We would also like to be able to scan inventory in and out with a gun. Does anyone do this with the DBA system. Give me a starting point. How do I do this?  
Thanks  
Vicki  
Admo, Inc.

IP Logged
perrinmfg
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Bar Code Labels
Reply #1 - 05/08/03 at 14:22:00

We've had good luck printing our bar code labels with the same printer we use to print our UPS shipping labels.  Its a direct thermal printer that can print labels up to 4" wide.

As for scanning, if you get a wedge style scanner that hooks into your keyboard port your computer will treat the scanned data just like typed text.

IP Logged
fredh
Ex Member

Re: Bar Code Labels
Reply #2 - 05/08/03 at 14:54:28

Using Wasp Barcode Fontware & Crystal Reports 8.5 (with report distribution addon) we have been able to print barcode labels by entering a sales order number, line number and quantity.  

CR uses an ODBC link to DBA database files  

BKARINV  (SO-A screen 1)
BKARINVL (SO-A screen 2)
BKICREF  (IN-L-C)

to pull name, p.o. number, our p/n, their p/n, part description & rev. level. (we use the last field in IN-L-C for rev. level)

We also utilize the UPS printers for outer carton labels. We bought some Zebra printers for inner pkg.

Note: Report writing experience is VERY helpful.  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print