Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 11:03:12
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Internet Sales - need feedback (Read 907 times)
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Internet Sales - need feedback
05/09/03 at 14:56:26

Looking at an import interface that would take customer orders placed on a web site and import the required information into DBA to eliminate the manual order entry process.  One question comes up - how many different "shopping cart" data formats are there that the import program would have to deal with?  Anybody have some input?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
JLZimm
Ex Member

Re: Internet Sales - need feedback
Reply #1 - 05/20/03 at 18:22:14

There are multiple formats.  We looked at it and abandoned it until internet sales get to a much higher level.   We simply set up the part numbers on the web site to match our dba numbers and receive orders via e-mail.  

We use a Product called Shop Factory  (an Australian product which is set up for multinational use) to manage our website.   I believe that it has a companion product which manages the process with an access database.    

Check them out.

http://www.shopfactory.com/

Jeanette Zimmerman
Lowery & Company Inc

IP Logged
Karen Mason

Ain't life grand!?!

Reply #2 - 05/21/03 at 11:27:04

We do not currently have customers requiring web based order placement.  Everything is done via fax/mail.  If it becomes a requirement, and something is available in DBA, we would try to match to what IS Tech Support recommends.

Karen Mason, Vice President
Bula Forge & Machine, Inc.
1-60# forgings, machining, & assembly
Cleveland, OH
Tel:216-252-7600 Fax:216-252-7601 www.bulaforge.com
EVO-ERP 09/16/09 SP2
Email WWW   IP Logged
kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Reply #3 - 05/21/03 at 12:27:46

Lynn,
For internet orders, we currently use a mailform type interface to email us a structured email that we then digest with a product from Harvey Software (www.harveysoft.com) called EPS.

EPS lets us automaticaly generate a return email to confirm our receipt of their order.  It also generates a nicely formated Printed order on the same printer that prints our incomming faxes (we use RelayFAX to receive our faxes on our NT box).  This way, it can be processed like any other faxed order.

When we set up our shopping cart program, we will use a product called miva merchant (www.miva.com).  It was highly recommended to me by a local web site designer.

You may want to look into what it would take to interface to Miva.

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation
ISTECH 2004.1 7/26/13 SP1 - 20 user
Evo-ERP Build 7/25/13 T7 -7i R6 - 3 user
(Prev version was 2004.1 10/24/12)
(All Patches Installed as of 7/26/13)
Pervasive 2000i SP4 - Crystal Reports V10
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print