Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
file locked (Read 1172 times)
TFay
Ex Member

file locked
05/21/03 at 10:30:59

Just ran multiple file index and ran it on all files.  I had 20 files show locked files.  Second pass did not fix them.  What do I do now?  I was on the server when I ran this utility and noone else was on the system.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: file locked
Reply #1 - 05/21/03 at 10:33:08

You probably have had some user get locked up and exit improperly leaving files hung open.  Just reboot the server station and try reindexing the files again.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
TFay
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/21/03 at 10:54:30

Ok, please explain file locked further. It is lunch time here and although several users are signed on all workstations are at blank screens in the items menu.  I just went to the server and tried to reindex BKAPHPO,BKAPHPOL, AND BKAPPO three of the 20 files locked last night and they are still locked.  Is this normal?

IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #3 - 05/21/03 at 12:44:12

Go to Start Menu > Programs > Pervasive > Utilities > Monitor. Once started, click Options > Connect. Enter the applicable info. Then click Microkernal > Active Users and see what duplicate usernames there are. Have that user get out of DBA and then remove both from the list.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #4 - 05/21/03 at 17:02:03

Whenever you log into DBA about 7 files get opened and are held as file handles by the transactional engine in Pervasive.

Doesn't matter if the users are doing anything.

The items menu may hold open the PO files, BKICMSTR, MTICMSTR and possibly something else depending on what the users were last doing and what version of Pervasive you are on even though they are just sitting in the menu.

Also, you will notice that even when you are absolutely certain no users have any remaining files held open and you run the multi-index from the server it will still be unable to work with about 10 files I believe.  Don't worry about them.  It is beacuse you are using them to log in to run the re-index.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print