Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/29/24 at 07:14:11
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DBA friction w/IS Tech (Read 3985 times)
Laura Oliver

DBA friction w/IS Tech
05/22/03 at 12:26:18

Does the friction referred to in the previous email mean that DBA will not be taking Lynns improvements and using them in their next DBA upgrade?

I am a bronze member. But so far I have not taken advantage of any of IS techs products.   I have only used the "free"  forum.  I bought  the Bronze because I want to support Lynn....and.....I was expecting to get all of Lynn's improvements at our next DBA upgrade.  

We only upgrade about once a year..or less.     I guess I could figure out how to download and install Lynn's stuff between DBA upgrades.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: DBA friction w/IS Tech
Reply #1 - 05/22/03 at 12:59:25

You can be absolutely positively assured that DBA will NOT include any ISTS enhancements/fixes in their stuff.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 05/22/03 at 13:43:36

Taking that one step further, there will most likely not BE any more DBA updates in the form of a new version number and a new CD.  To quote their web site "...We will continue to maintain its application programs, provide technical support and payroll updates, and furnish additional user licenses....As far as DBA Manufacturing goes, we have no plans for any significant new product development or to rewrite or convert DBA into some other technology. "   The only programming they are doing for DBA is essential bug fixes (i.e. maintain its application programs), not enhancements or improvements.

The agreement between IT Tech and DBA has been that DBA would provide bug fixes but IS Tech was free to develop improvements and enhancements because DBA would no longer be doing so.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 05/22/03 at 21:14:58

Laura -

(and any other ISTS subscribers)... While Bronze or Silver subscription level does not technically qualify for phone support, if there are any problems relating to downloading and installing an update from the ISTS site, email me and I will call you immediately to resolve it.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Karen Mason

Ain't life grand!?!

Reply #4 - 05/23/03 at 07:37:46

Laura,
If you have the membership, don't be afraid of the downloads from ISTS.  They are fairly simple, correct many minor problems, and have added quite a few neat things.  

It seems to be smoother for us to keep up with each change than one massive change.

Karen Mason, Vice President
Bula Forge & Machine, Inc.
1-60# forgings, machining, & assembly
Cleveland, OH
Tel:216-252-7600 Fax:216-252-7601 www.bulaforge.com
EVO-ERP 09/16/09 SP2
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print