Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 08:40:49
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Request bug fix - releasing kits (Read 689 times)
stl3370

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Request bug fix - releasing kits
05/29/03 at 06:51:49

I don't know if this has been posted as a bug before or if it was just something peculiar to this order, but there appears to be a problem with releasing kits in SO-E.  We don't have sell a lot of kit items, but yesterday we did ship one out.  The kit was the only item on the sales order.  I released the order in SO-E, answering yes to release kit items proportionally.  When I printed the invoice, I answered yes to print kit components, but I only got the top level item to print along with some comment lines.  I thought this was strange, but went ahead and tried to post.  The COGS pre-post report showed absolutely nothing.   When I went back and looked at the sales order in SO-A, the kit part number had its release flag set to Y, but all the components were set to N.  I had to manually change all 41 parts to Y.  Invoice printed and posted correctly after that.  Not such a big deal, but possibly worth a bug fix.

Thanks,
Sean
Leybold Optics

WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: Request bug fix - releasing kits
Reply #1 - 05/29/03 at 08:49:18

Actually, it would be a huge deal to us if it were a bug, as we use a lot of kit items (probably about 3/4 of our SOs include Kit items).

I suspect it has something to do with the way the questions were answered in SO-E, and maybe whether it had had been a backordered item initially. There is definitely a way to make it work on a "normal" basis - you just may have to do some playing around to figure it out (that's what the SandBox is for). There have been some problems with releasing Kit items but only in a few rare situations, but as far as I know they are all fixed with the latest update from ISTechSupport.

If you're not a subscriber, you may find it interesting that DBA just sent me a fix for the kit release problem in SO-E as well. I think that if you just email Cindy at DBA cdougherty@dbasoftware.com and tell her you're having a problem with releasing kit items she'll send it to you. Or I'd be happy to email it to you as well (I'm using the IST one, but I tested the DBA one and it seems to work just as well).

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
stl3370

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 05/29/03 at 09:02:21

Thanks for the update.  I, of course, was not on the latest ISTS update.  I actually did play around with answering the questions differently, both in Evo and the regular DBA and had the same results.  But I did apply the update this morning so I guess we should be good.  Thanks for the info.

Sean

WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #3 - 05/29/03 at 09:20:20

I suppose there's the possibility that you've discovered one more bug, because of the way you operate. I thought we had probably pretty well covered all the bases, but you never know. I'll be interested to know if the update fixes it for you.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
janet
Browser

Reply #4 - 12/17/03 at 07:49:13

This is quite funny since I just emailed DBA a week ago (notice this is December and you posted in May) with this issue and they told me that they had no reports.  It pays to snoop around these boards.

Email jetpuppy2001   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print