EDI Capabilities (Read 8294 times)
moondog43145
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

EDI Capabilities
05/30/03 at 12:27:40

Hi All,

What EDI options exist for DBA? We're interested in exploring all options before we commit to any one path.  

Thanks,

Todd

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: EDI Capabilities
Reply #1 - 05/30/03 at 14:42:33

Todd -

I suggest you coutact George Underdahl at george@usiedi.com for assistance.  He is very knowledgeable about EDI and has set up a number of DBA users, not necessarily with the Can-Do EDI that DBA was originally written to interface with.  He can modify the interface to work with other VANs depending on who your trading partner(s) are and what requirements they impose.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
HB

I love DBA

Re: EDI Capabilities
Reply #2 - 05/30/03 at 17:48:17

Our approach to dealing with the rudimentary EDI module that DBA provides was to install EDI translation software (EzConnect from ACOMSolutions). One reason was that our EDI partners do not allow VAN services.
The translated file is then processed into the necessary flatfile thta the EDI module is capable of importing. The only prereqisite is that the CandoEDI executable is present in a folder called CandoEDI and a subfolder called transfer exists, that contains the converted file called dbsoa.in. The setup is automated excluding the importing of the flat file.  
We contemplated to directly access the database, but ruled against it.

Helmut Bode
General Pencil Co.
DBA Classic 2004.1 w/IS Tech update 7/25/13
EVO-ERP
Pervasive 11
Win2008 Server
Terminal Server
12 Users
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print