Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 09:54:54
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Item select from the IH-A detail screens (Read 653 times)
kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Item select from the IH-A detail screens
06/19/03 at 10:58:45

When I use IN-A, and select SHIPMENTS,  BOM,  WHERE USED, or any of the buttons that bring up a list of part numbers, I have an almost uncontrollable desire Smiley to hit return on one of those items in the list and have it redisplay the IN-A screen with the selected part number.

As an alternative, it would be cool if pressing return would save the part number selected in some kind of local variable that could be pasted into the part number field on the main IN-A screen (maybe by pressing enter on a blank Item Number field??).

Just some random thoughts.

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation
ISTECH 2004.1 7/26/13 SP1 - 20 user
Evo-ERP Build 7/25/13 T7 -7i R6 - 3 user
(Prev version was 2004.1 10/24/12)
(All Patches Installed as of 7/26/13)
Pervasive 2000i SP4 - Crystal Reports V10
Email WWW   IP Logged
Tim Keating
Ex Member

Re: Item select from the IH-A detail screens
Reply #1 - 06/19/03 at 11:45:35

That would be a drill-down and there was a lot of discussion of that when this forum first started.

I think Lynn may still have some plans to build some drill-downs.  I hope so because everybody wants them.

On the second issue, a true windows interface would allow you to cut/copy and paste by right-clicking on data.  You will never have this with DBA but I suspect you could do it in EzJobz.  It might also work in Lynn's Evolution enhancement, I don't know.

IP Logged
kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Reply #2 - 06/19/03 at 15:51:55

Let's not be so quick as to lump this into the all elusive, ideal 'Drill down capability'.

The second example I gave would just provide a 'scratchpad' to hold a copy of an item number so that it can be called up on the main IN-A screen.  

Some would say 'why bother', but my position is that something that could be implemented quickly like that is Infinitely superior to me keeping this scratchpad and pen next to my mouse to write down item numbers!  

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation
ISTECH 2004.1 7/26/13 SP1 - 20 user
Evo-ERP Build 7/25/13 T7 -7i R6 - 3 user
(Prev version was 2004.1 10/24/12)
(All Patches Installed as of 7/26/13)
Pervasive 2000i SP4 - Crystal Reports V10
Email WWW   IP Logged
Tim Keating
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/19/03 at 16:41:28