Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/07/24 at 04:08:17
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A/P Check appears in register, not aging (Read 709 times)
Clyde_Jenkins
Browser

A/P Check appears in register, not aging
08/26/03 at 19:09:49

An A/P invoice was paid with two checks.  One shows up correctly in the check register and it properly decrements in aging.  The other also appears in the check register, but does not affect aging.  I cannot find it in BKAPINVT or BKAPCHKH.  

This actually appears to be a problem with several (<10) checks, all different vendors.

How do I fix it?  The A/P account for the vendor does not show any open invoices.

IP Logged
perrinmfg
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: A/P Check appears in register, not aging
Reply #1 - 11/19/03 at 13:26:03

I have a similar problem, with some old entries that appear on the Checking Account Condition Report.  The entries do not show up in aging but they're present when we reconcile the checking account.   I can think of two ways to fix this, hopefully someone can point me down the better path:
1. Remove the extra entries through Maintain Database, but which file would I modify?
2. Increase the checking account balance in AD-B so there is enough cash to reconcile the checks off the condition report.  But if I modifiy the beginning balance in AD-B will it effect the cash balance in another location?

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: A/P Check appears in register, not aging
Reply #2 - 11/19/03 at 15:48:17

If you just have extra entries in the Check Register that you want to clear, then option 2 is best.  Increase the AD-B balance to have enough to cover all the extra checks, then use GL-J to clear them.  OR just use GL-J to clear them, say Save Anyway when you are warned that the balance does not match, and edit the AD-B balance back to what it should be after you have cleared the old checks.  End result is the same, really doesn't matter if you adjust AD-B balance before or after.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print