Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/18/24 at 00:23:22
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New parts issued before receipt (Read 8546 times)
Cyndee Pappas

EVO~ERP 2006.1
02/28/06 update

New parts issued before receipt
08/27/03 at 12:24:24

Brand new "R type" parts are sometimes issued (kit issue) before they have been received, so there is no average cost to be applied to the work order. Inventory is also wrong (shows negative onhand but no book value).  I can see two possible ways to handle. Either way, I have to first backout the WO issue. Then, either 1) wait until received and remember to issue the parts individually or 2) Use UT-K-F Set Avg & Last Cost to Std Cost. This would look odd since there has been no activity yet, but would allow me to immediately issue the parts with the correct dollars. Any problems with using option 2? or any other suggestions? Thanks.

Cyndee Pappas
Industrial Data Systems
EVO~ERP 2006.1 with 02/28/06 update
Client/Server Win2000 Server
Pervasive SQL 2000i

WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: New parts issued before receipt
Reply #1 - 08/27/03 at 14:09:05

Assuming your Standard Cost is pretty close to the cost they will come in at, Option 2 at least eliminates the problem of remembering to issue them later.  And while negative inventory isn't really a "good thing", at least it will all come out in the wash when the parts are received.

You could also edit the PO for the items and attach it to the Work Order so when they are received, they will go to the WO.  Of course if the WO needs 20 and you placed an order for 200, you need to split the PO into 2 lines - 20 for the WO and 180 for stock.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print