Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/19/24 at 11:57:42
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clearing the Holding Account (Read 566 times)
Joyce U.
Browser

Barefoot on the
Beach

Clearing the Holding Account
09/10/03 at 07:53:16

I have 3 open purchase orders for no charges for samples.  These items are being received into inventory, but I am not being sent no charge invoices from the vendors.  These are items that are being used in the process of mfg and need to be in inventory.

At this point, I am looking at creating dummy $0.00 invoices from the vendor to clear the holding account.  At the end of the month, I would pick these invoices off of the payables aging report and print manual checks to clear the accounts.   This seems like a silly process, but I'm looking for an audit trail along the way.

I'm also wondering if I'm opening another can of worms in regards to doing the bank reconciliation thru DBA with $0.00 checks.  Will DBA allow the clearing of $0.00 checks?

Does this entire process need to be done at all since the hit to the Holding Account is -0-?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Clearing the Holding Account
Reply #1 - 09/10/03 at 09:53:53

Since it is a $0 amount, you could simply close the PO.  If you do enter a dummy $0 invoice, you never have to process the $0 check to pay it, and the only place you would ever see it is AP-I Listing, Open and Paid items.  Probably not worth the effort.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print