Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/03/24 at 10:07:07
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Does anyone have a copy? (Read 5517 times)
rphitch
Browser

Does anyone have a copy?
09/16/03 at 11:34:09

Is there anyone that has gotten a copy of "Ezijobz" to review?  As of a month ago they were suppose to be available.  

Thanks,

R. Hitch

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: Does anyone have a copy?
Reply #1 - 09/16/03 at 11:45:35

Wouldn't hold my breath at the moment.  Even as a consultant, I do not have the initial copy yet.

And the version that will be applicable to existing DBA customers is not due until early 2004 now according to Mike.

They are attempting to create a total conversion utility and to add in all the current capabilities of the 2002.4 version.

Supposedly........ undecided

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Reply #2 - 09/16/03 at 13:59:40

Quote:
They are attempting to create a total conversion utility and to add in all the current capabilities of the 2002.4 version.

If this is true, I am not suprised.  This is probably the only way to get significant acceptance from existing DBA Customers.

I, for one, have no plans for ezjobs in the forseeable future.  I'm still trying to change our culture to use Dates!!  AAARRRGGGGG!!!!!

(See, I can't even spell it correctly!!)

« Last Edit: 09/16/03 at 17:09:56 by kevind »  

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation
ISTECH 2004.1 7/26/13 SP1 - 20 user
Evo-ERP Build 7/25/13 T7 -7i R6 - 3 user
(Prev version was 2004.1 10/24/12)
(All Patches Installed as of 7/26/13)
Pervasive 2000i SP4 - Crystal Reports V10
Email WWW   IP Logged
perrinmfg
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 10/08/03 at 11:31:02

We got our copy last week but most of the data import programs have still not been released.  Currently, I've only been able to import customer, vendor, and inventory data.

IP Logged
mtp137
Browser

Reply #4 - 10/09/03 at 08:18:12

Same here, we also received our copy last week and have only been able to transfer vendors, customers & inventory items. However some of the field names were unclear as to their previous match in DBA.  
??? (e.g. suppadd3=city) We did receive an email clearing some of these up yesterday.

We tried to transfer the BOMs, but could not decipher the correlating field names.

-Mike (mtp137)
IT Manager
Boat Trailers Pacific, Inc.
Email WWW 345652972 mp_pactrail mppactrail   IP Logged
Pattyk
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 10/09/03 at 11:37:49

Yes, we have received a copy and have it loaded in a test environment.  Have not had time to review.  After filling out the paperwork on the Ezijobz web site to request a copy, we received it within a week and a half.
.... Pattyk Grin

IP Logged
Steve Stoneman
Browser

Reply #6 - 10/10/03 at 06:12:57

Got ours about 2 weeks ago. Looks very pretty on the screen, but we don't have anything loaded yet to evaluate it. Tried to upload our inventory and it repeatedly stopped at 375 records. After much experimentation, we found that if we limited the import to 4 fields, we could get all the items in. It offers to import many, many fields. Guess we throw away the other data and re-enter by hand. We were not importing the file from DBA. Rather, we were importing a text based data file, per documentation. Tried to get answer to failure to import in spite of proper proceedure. Was told we would be allowed one e-mail message and response. Ezijobz couldn't answer the question and they were going to ask "someone else" (maybe in India?). We are still waiting for an answer after 1 week. Ezijobs also offers ZERO support without immediately forking out $1000.00 (10 users) for first 6 months, $500 per six months thereafter. Documentation is voluminous, but not user friendly. Read the configurator docs and still pretty confused. I understand the concepts but wouldn't be able to set it up in the program yet for our situation. Going to have to read it several more times. The lack of screen shots doesn't help. I thought DBA docs were much easier to digest. Apparently, the program offers extensive customization and adaptability --- if you can grasp how to take advantage of it. I am excited about this potential for our company, but this is going to take a long, long time for us to figure it out to the level we need. Even then, I don't know if it warrants the switch with all that Lynn has done. I am beginning to think a custom program on DBA will be much easier to solve our needs.  
I remain open minded (as opposed to empty headed) ???

WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #7 - 10/10/03 at 07:13:52

Steve,

For EXACTLY the reasons you pointed out, that is why DBA/Ezijobz has decided to revive and improve their relationships with folks like me (as a consultant).  It IS a more complex, flexible, and therefore confusing program.  So, you bring in a professional to help.  

Unfortunately, a lot of companies that bought DBA are too (no nice way to say this....sorry) frugal to see that spending some money upfront on professional services will help them a LOT down the road.  Instead they choose to spend 2-3 times as much in 'soft-cost' and take 5-6 times as long and still never really get to the point where they are using the software in the best manner for their business.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
Steve Stoneman
Browser

Reply #8 - 10/10/03 at 10:03:36

Lorne,
The purpose of my post was more to inform of my experience. I did not intend to sound whiney. I have not made any final decision either way on Ezijobz or DBA. Just so you know my mindset, I have not been tight in this endevour. I have hired a guy full time just for the implementation of either Ezijobz or DBA who has database, crystal reports, and manufacturing software experience. I agree with you on the consultant spending (which I have done plenty in the past) when it is appropriate. I am sure you are quite frugal in your business in some areas, too. But I think what I am pointing out is a little more basic than just hiring a consultant: 1) I don't think it is unreasonable to hope for an answer after 5 days about a problem. It has always been DBA's and now Ezijobz's problem in not communicating adequately or in a straight foreward manner with their customers. Lynn is the standard they should look at. (Just look at how she kept us informed on the server changeover) 2) I ought to be able to glean enough from the docs to get a working understanding of the software in case my consultant decides to have personal problems big enough to fail to meet my needs. Hate to hang my whole business on one outside person.  
As a side note, when we reviewed the little movie Ezijobz has on the data import today, we noticed on the demonstration that the # of records imported was a grand total of two. I have more records than that in my file. Again, I know this is a new program and there will be alot of bugs everywhere. Shoot, Lynn is still fixing DBA! And doing a great job at it! I am just pointing out my present experience.
We will put our nose to the grindstone and figure it out. I might even hire you when the time is right!  Grin

WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #9 - 10/10/03 at 10:45:39

Steve,

1)  I did not mean to make ANY personal reference to you.  Let me be CRYSTAL clear about that.  I was referring to the DBA populace in general.

2)  I could NOT agree more with you on DBA/Ezijobz crappy communication and support style.  Simply isn't possible to be more in agreement.  Same for my agreement about Lynn.  She's darned helpful to us consultant types too, ya know! Grin

3)  In terms of the records, I also agree that this is something yet to be tested.  The most recent inside info I have is that many of the functions have not yet been tested with LARGE datasets.  I will certainly be doing so one I have gotten some information from EJ on the database filenames and field attributes and such so that I can start doing some serious importing of 1 million plus record datasets and then seeing how this puppy performs.

4)  In terms of the documentation....well, I can only say that they seem to have done a slightly better job than what was the DBA standard.  At least it is more comprehensive.  Less "behind-the-black-curtain" stuff.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
Steve Stoneman
Browser

Reply #10 - 10/10/03 at 11:31:03

Fogot to say our inventory database is about 1500 records. Not huge. Thanks Lorne
Steve

WWW   IP Logged
jillrae
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 11/21/03 at 04:33:26

Hello. I'm new to this forum and have about 6 months of experience with manufacturing and DBA. Was contacted to "recover" a crached Win NT 4.0 hard drive that contained all of the DBA (dos) infomation. Of course the last back up had been done about 2 years before.  Roll Eyes So the comapny purchaed a new Windwos 2003 server and the windows version of DBA and hired me. I got everything up, loaded and back on line in one week. Not bad considering I had no idea what DBA was. We received our version of EJ about 3 weeks ago. I got it loaded on the server and transfered DBA data into it with very little problems. (We are a small manufacturing firm.) Now the big problem is I can't get any of the clients to connect. I called in a trouble call and 2 weeks, 3 phone calls and 4 emails later I just got to talk with a real person. Of course he had no idea how to fix the problem, but promised to get back with me. I have scheduled 2 hours today to pursue an answer as I had no returned email or calls for the last 2 days. Any one know where I can turn?

IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #12 - 11/21/03 at 06:16:49

One thing you may want to do is check out the http://www.44group.net/ forum, which is just for Ezijobz.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #13 - 11/21/03 at 08:19:39

Jillrae,

What seems to be the trouble with doing the clients? I was able to do it here.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
karaya
Browser

44 Group - Ezijobz
and DBA Software
Services

Reply #14 - 11/21/03 at 15:05:48

Jillrae:

It sounds like you have NetBEUI protocols running.  The Firebird engine will not route properly with NetBEUI since NetBEUI is not a routeable protocol.  Remove the NetBEUI protocols and make sure that you have TCP/IP installed.

Raymond Kemp
44 Group, Inc. - Ezijobz and DBA Services
636-946-1513
www.44group.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print