Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 11:20:26
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Set base price by product class (maybe)? (Read 622 times)
ITman

Hello!

Set base price by product class (maybe)?
11/05/03 at 06:36:18

Just wondering if there is a way to set new base prices by an amount we specify for each product by product class?  We have many items that are all priced the same (base price) and I see you can set a base price, but this looks like it has to be done item by item.  I did find there is a global price change but this appears to work by markup.  We have different lines of product that are priced by the product line.  So basically, we have a few set prices for many different products, and need to change the price somewhat often.  This price change will be set for the base for all products under a particular line of products.  We would just like to set the base price on many items at once, is this possible?  Am I just missing it?

Thanks,

ITman

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: Set base price by product class (maybe)?
Reply #1 - 11/05/03 at 10:43:38

There is a program available from NovaZyg that allows far more flexibility in terms of mass field changes.  The program name is NZFNR (NovaZyg Find and Replace).  It is available on their website:

www.novazyg.com

You could use this (with a little instruction from NovaZyg) to accomplish what you want.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
ITman

Hello!

Reply #2 - 11/11/03 at 06:12:22

Thanks, but it is not exactly what I'm looking for.  I think I'm going to try and just write a small add-on to scan for product class and then set the base price for all items found.  Do you happen to know if all items are in BKICMSTR?  I did see there was fields for product class and base price, but I'm not sure if it will cover all items...

Thanks
ITMan

(Maybe I should repost this to programming in TAS6...)

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 11/11/03 at 07:58:34

Yes, all items are in BKICMSTR so you could write a program to update that file.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
ITman

Hello!

Reply #4 - 11/12/03 at 07:21:26

Excellent, I wrote a quick little proggie that scans all items in BKICMSTR and if the class matches what the user enters, it sets the base price to what they enter.  Appears to work good, changed the base price for 200 items of the same class in about 10 seconds and left the others untouched.  Good I guess seeing as I'm still learning this language... Smiley

Thanks
-ITMan

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print