Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/02/24 at 03:27:20
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Direct Deposit for Payroll (Read 1159 times)
Pyramid
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Direct Deposit for Payroll
12/12/03 at 08:58:34

My bank says that I need to be able to create an ACH file to participate in direct deposit.  Does anyone know if that can be done through DBA?  If so, how?
Thanks, Sallie

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Direct Deposit for Payroll
Reply #1 - 12/12/03 at 09:38:51

Not at this time but it is something we are working on at IS Tech Support.  Standard DBA can't handle direct deposit at all.  IS Tech does go the first step and allow employees to be identified as direct deposit and prints their "checks" separately from the actual checks but we don't yet have the program sending the data to the file for the bank.

I do have a file layout definition provided by another user, I believe it is a standard.  Would appreciate if anybody more familiar than I am with the layout and data requirements would like to take a look and make sure it is in fact a standard layout.  Let me know, I will email you the Excel file they sent me.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Re: Direct Deposit for Payroll
Reply #2 - 12/22/03 at 09:59:23

Lynn,
I talked to our Business Banking Contact at our bank with regard to direct deposit.

She told me that what our payroll system needs to generate is a file in a format refered too as a NACHA format file. ( http://www.nacha.org/ )

This is a standard format for ACH transactions.  The software that our bank would provide to us to utilize direct deposit takes a NACHA file as input.

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation
ISTECH 2004.1 7/26/13 SP1 - 20 user
Evo-ERP Build 7/25/13 T7 -7i R6 - 3 user
(Prev version was 2004.1 10/24/12)
(All Patches Installed as of 7/26/13)
Pervasive 2000i SP4 - Crystal Reports V10
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print