Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/15/24 at 16:06:04
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Selling product line and buyer wants to USE DBA (Read 990 times)
Tod_Sackett
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Selling product line and buyer wants to USE DBA
12/15/03 at 07:34:27

Not sure how to do this. I am selling a product line and the new buyer wants to set up a company using DBA. He is willing to buy liscense from DBA ( if its still available). What I want to know is how to transfer over all records that pertain to the products that he is buying ( but not ALL files). They are coded so could be broken out. But can I export by product class? OR could I use my backup files and dump them onto a new file server and then delete some files from existing file server and turn it over to them? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Selling product line and buyer wants to USE DB
Reply #1 - 12/15/03 at 07:59:48

Are you just talking about inventory master records only?  Or sales history, customers who bought those items, etc.?  Also what about manufacturing/work order history?  Components?  Are there components of these items that are common to the products you are not selling?  It is not a simple proposition.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Tod_Sackett
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 12/15/03 at 11:56:01

Need item master information, sales history for select products, Bills of Materials, routings, Production history,

Email   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #3 - 12/15/03 at 12:18:42

If I was to do this, I would use MS Access to extract the data as you can then use whatever field(s) you want as the key for getting JUST the data you want from the various tables.

Once in Access databases, the info can then be easily put in to MS Excel sheets 9without requiring further handling) and from that it would be easy to import into a new DBA install.

Seems to me that would be one of the easier methods.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print