Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/24/24 at 03:11:38
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What do you think of EziJobz? (Read 10900 times)
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Re: What do you think of EziJobz?
Reply #15 - 02/06/04 at 10:08:35

For what it's worth, I really do hope that they get their act together and make EziJobz what it was supposed to be. Sometimes the biggest mistake a company can make is to release their product too soon. That is exactly what they did... They showed us a terrible 1/2 baked program and now no one wants to use it. It might not even matter anymore that it COULD be better later on. Granted, I seem to remember them floundering around for quite some time trying to figure out whether to use VB or Delphi.  That couldn't have helped the project timeline.

Why they used Delphi I may never know. I had practically thought that Borland had fallen off of the face of the Earth.... Then EziJobz came along.

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

EvoERP Version 1-22-10 SP3
5 User Workgroup Pervasive 10
Email WWW   IP Logged
shadowcaster

I'm not here because
I know what to do.

Reply #16 - 05/25/04 at 12:59:51

Legal reasons ?  dont they own the code ?

JW

WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #17 - 05/25/04 at 13:22:41

Huh??

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Theo
Browser

PBR me ASAP

Reply #18 - 01/06/05 at 16:20:13

We have an extremely large database with a large number of Items and BOM's (approx. 25,000 items & 8,000 BOM's).  DBA handles these files amazingly.  I am currently evaluating Ezijobz and find that the software cannot handle the size of the database.  It literally takes up to 4-5 minutes to the load an average BOM into the multi-level inquiry tab or tree view tab.  Our average BOM is approximately 3-5 levels deep and contains approximately 50 items.

Ezijobz is running on Win2k advanced server with dual 1.8G processors and a Gig a memory.  This long delay is the same if I am using ezijobz directly on the server or from my workstation.  I also did a separate install on a laptop and get the same results.

I created a ticket on the ezijobz support center last April of 2004.  A consultant viewed our database and did not find any problems with it other than it was large.  Since then, they continually mark the issue as resolved and I reopen it every few months with them closing it and stating that they are aware of the problem without giving me any realistic time frame and reassurance that they are actually working on the problem.

I guess my question is: Are there any other users that are having similar problems with Ezijobz(DBA NG) and large BOM files?

Email   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #19 - 01/07/05 at 08:06:53

Yeah, I believe they are using an ADO connection to the DB, and I had talked directly to Mike a loooong time ago and he was aware then that this might be an issue. I guess they haven't chosen to address it.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
Xeyes
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #20 - 02/13/05 at 03:06:44

Interesting.

We're looking at it, too. First time we tried a full costed m/l BOM on one machine (older) it locked up. Tried it on mine (AMD2200+ economy model Wink ) and it finished, but 54 pages at maybe 4-5 secs / page is a long time. I wasn't impressed.

IP Logged
rvallier
Browser

jack of all trades,
master of none

Reply #21 - 06/30/05 at 11:47:40

I just wanted to add two cents into this thread.

We were on Classic, went to Next Gen in February (had to purchase a new windows server since we were on linux).  Two months later my boss says we don't like it.

Some of the issues I see other people have here - not keyboard friendly, inability to show a deposit on a sales order, and I've been told the accounting side of things is really convoluted.  There just seemed to be a lot of additional steps involved to get some things accomplished. We feel that the software is still in an infancy stage and has a long way to go.

We were also concerned about the issue of programming going on in New Zealand, do these people have a clue of what we really need, because it didn't seem like it.

Now we are re-analyzing our situation, and will probably go with purchasing IS Tech Support upgrade.

Robin Vallier
ASI Medical, Inc.

EVO ERP through update 7/14/07
Win2003 Server
WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #22 - 07/05/05 at 17:38:14

Actually the programming has moved back to the US. That is also why things no longer seem to be happening. The dimbots at DBA central are acting normally. Normal for them anyway... Shocked

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print