Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 04:16:26
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Backorders of kit items (Read 834 times)
goatgirl
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Backorders of kit items
02/02/04 at 10:59:41

Hi.  
Does anyone else have problems with kit items on sales orders not showing the correct ship quantities when there is a backorder situation???  

(Im using dba v2002.4)  

For us, the first shipment works great but when we try to release another shipment on the same sales order (SO-E) the program doesn't ask for lot control information like it usually does AND the quantity for all the kit components are incorrect on the invoice printout.

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.
Carol Smiley  

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Backorders of kit items
Reply #1 - 02/02/04 at 11:36:52

If you are using straight 2002.4, there were some Lot Control issues fixed by DBA in a bug fix patch you can download from their web site and some additional fixes relating to releasing sales orders and Lot Control provided by IS Tech Support to subscribers if you are interested in signing up.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
ipsips
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 02/06/04 at 09:21:50

I've had the same problem.  I've resolved it by answering "No" when asked if I want to release kit components proportionately when using SO-E to release the order.  Then you can force the quantities to be released for each line.

Hope this might help.

IP Logged
goatgirl
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 02/17/04 at 10:51:02

Thanks for the great suggestions.  Grin

I installed the DBA update and that took care of the lot control problem.  

Unfortunately that didn't fix the quantity problem for backorders. Luckily selecting "no" to proportions gives us a great way to carry on but our kits have alot of items and its time consuming.  

Ive done some more testing of the problem and it happens consistently in our main company data (with different kits) but when I do a kit sales order in the DBA sample company, it works without a hitch. Do you think my data might be corrupt? If so, any suggestions on how I should proceed?

As always, thanks for any advice you can offer.  Grin
Carol

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print