Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/04/24 at 15:17:45
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Inventory locations problem - since 3/12 update (Read 2025 times)
perrinmfg
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Inventory locations problem - since 3/12 update
03/24/04 at 16:00:55

I have been experiencing a problem with the inventory on hand quantity since the 3/12 update.

The data displayed in IN-A is correct; but if the count is adjusted through IN-K many times the following message is displayed:

"The UOH total of all locations was different from the UOH total of the main inventory record for this part.  The main inventory record's UOH has been changed to match the locations total."

After I press the Ok button it automatically changes the inventory, to match the locations total but the locations total is not the correct value.

This problem does not occur everytime someone adjusts inventory through IN-K but it happens more times than not.  We started seeing this issue almost immediatly after updating to the 3/12 update.  What can I do to fix this?

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Inventory locations problem - since 3/12 updat
Reply #1 - 03/24/04 at 17:05:52

That seems extremely strange, especially since IS Tech has never made any changes to IN-K.  That program is the standard DBA 2002.4 version of the program.  

You can always tell by looking at the banner on the top of the screen.  If it just says "IN-K Adjust Physical Levels" then we never touched it.  If it says (for example) "WO-G Issue Materials IS Tech Enhancement 3/5/04" then you know it has an IS Tech enhancement and also how recent the change is.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
perrinmfg
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 03/25/04 at 15:28:45

Regardless of what caused this problem for us, do you have any ideas on how we might fix it?

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 03/25/04 at 16:31:24

There were some program changes in the 3/12 update relating to component Locations in WO-G Material Issues and WO-I Backflushing.  Is it possible the real cause of the problem is those programs and not IN-K?  Do you have multiple Locations?  Do all your Locations have a name or is "Blank" a valid Location?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
perrinmfg
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 03/25/04 at 16:36:08

We only have one location and it is the "blank" location, it is not a named location.

IP Logged
perrinmfg
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 03/26/04 at 12:39:10

I may have stumbled upon some additional information that could help track this down. Today I ran UT-K-G and instead of the 3-4 pages +/- $.01 adjustments that I usually get, it made 38 pages of adjustments, most of which had the note: "Note: UOH changed to match locations UOH total"

While correcting all the adjustments through IN-K I realized that all of the items on the list are components of items  that have been built within the last two weeks, even the quantites that are off correspond to the number we have recently used.

It appears that there may be some issue with backflushing finished production through WO-I that may be causing this issue.

IP Logged
perrinmfg
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 03/26/04 at 15:13:46

I think this problem can go into the repeatable category.  

I just completed adjusting everything that was changed when I ran UT-K-G.  After everything was adjusted back to the way it should be, I used WO-I to enter finished production on a couple of travelers then ran UT-K-G again.  The changes made report showed none of the BOM components of the travelers I entered were removed from the stock level of the locations file.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #7 - 03/26/04 at 17:49:55

Thank you for the troubleshooting!!  I will get it fixed immediately.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #8 - 03/27/04 at 12:10:54

Looks like this is now fixed.  I will get it posted by Monday.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print