Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AR Aging Report (Read 1490 times)
John Bierrie
Browser

AR Aging Report
03/30/04 at 06:50:34

The AR Aging report is dropping characters off the edge of the report.  I think a similar problem occurred after the 3/12 update, but I can not remember the name of the report Terry had a problem with.  This one though has a bad "timing" problem with it...  The end of the month is tomorrow and that report HAS to be right...

For the future, I'll only do updates in the first two weeks of each month...Sad

Thanks

John H. Bierrie
W.I.C.C. Ltd.
Email WWW   IP Logged
lmk223a

Accountant

Re: AR Aging Report
Reply #1 - 03/30/04 at 10:38:14

Cheesy I just ran A/R aging report, both by customer total and by detail items by customer and did not experience any truncating of characters. (We also just updated to the 3/26/04 support update)

Could it be a hardware printer setting that needs to be changed so the entire report prints on a sheet of paper?
 ???

EVO/ERP 2007.2 3/2708 update, 15 users
Linda Kucan
Email   IP Logged
John Bierrie
Browser

Reply #2 - 03/30/04 at 16:16:12

I do not know what to say...  We just ran it again with one customer... Sales - AR-F Detail report and the "Total" collum is truncated on the printing output, right after the .?? (no cents shown)  NOT on the screen.  Screen displays fine.

The other reports, AP, etc. are ok now... and we did have a problem with that after the last update.  Not sure how a printer setting could only affect one report, none of the others are affected this time around...

?????

Oh... and just so you know, the output on the printer is going to within 1/4" or so of both sides of the paper, so it is not skewed one way or the other...

John H. Bierrie
W.I.C.C. Ltd.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 03/30/04 at 17:21:59

I made a reply to a similar post under Sales topic - it may be printer specific, different drivers interpret the text fonts slightly differently.  The only recent change to this report is the Long Check Number option - have you tried it both Y and N to print long check number?  Does it make a difference?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
John Bierrie
Browser

Reply #4 - 03/30/04 at 22:47:04

Lynn,

I'll certainly have her give it a try, but...  We are talking about the "aging report" and the whole purpose behind that report is that we have not been paid yet, so there are no check numbers on the report itself...

Just in case it matters...  The "headings" on the report are spaced differently. or better put, the "_" of the headings are spaced differently along with the corresponding number entries below them.  i.e., between the Description "_" and Invc # "_" are two (2) spaces, but between the Invc # "_" and Pack Slip# "_" is one (1) space.  The same is true (2 spaces) between "Age" and "Current" AND between "120 days" and "Total" headings.  Where all but the Description header is centered on the line, the "Total" heading is off on the edge of the page.

John H. Bierrie
W.I.C.C. Ltd.
Email WWW   IP Logged
John Bierrie
Browser

Reply #5 - 04/01/04 at 02:56:45

Someone who is a whole lot smarter than I am is going to have to answer why this is happening, but the problem still exists, BUT also does not exist...

I was able to print out the AR Aging reports on a different system with a different printer and it came out ok.  Why that one printer, that one report, I do not know.  On the other hand, as stated earlier, the AP report that we had a problem with the last time was corrected after installing the file Lynn sent us from a previous update.  Nothing was changed in the printer or anything else, it didn't work the first time, did work after the file change.

John H. Bierrie
W.I.C.C. Ltd.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #6 - 04/01/04 at 10:49:16

The AR Aging report is pushing the limits of the number of available columns and on some printers it fits and some it doesn't because it is using text based printing rather than true Windows fonts.  And since you CAN opt to include Deposits on the report which DO have check numbers, there is the potential to need to include the check number.   I think it may also be affected by a prior change to include the packing slip number.  I will see if we can squeeze it in any more to get those last 2 characters on there.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print