Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/11/24 at 06:21:55
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Crystal Reports BOM Report (Read 670 times)
Missy Burke
Browser

Crystal Reports BOM Report
03/31/04 at 09:10:48

I would like to create the BOM report in Crystal Reports so that I can customize it.  But so far, I've only managed to get the first level of components to show up.  Any idea how I can get the 2nd, 3rd, etc. levels on my custom report?

Missy Burke
Awareness Technology, Inc.
Evo 2015.2
Pervasive 10/Win2008/Client-server
43 Full/5 DC Users
Email WWW   IP Logged
Tim Keating

DBA CLASSIC WIN 2000
C/S

Re: Crystal Reports BOM Report
Reply #1 - 03/31/04 at 10:13:42

This is how I would do it:

1. Add the BKBMMSTR to your report again.  You will get a message indicating it is already in the report and will be promped to give it an alias name.  

2. Name it BKBMMSTR2.

3. Clear any automatic links that were created and create a link from BKBM_COMPONENT in the BKBMMSTR file to BKBM_PARENT in the BKBMMSTR2 File.

4. Repeat this procedure as many times as you need to depending on the depth of your BOM's.  We have 4 levels so we have 4 instances of the BKBMMSTR File. (BKBMMSTR thru BKBMMSTR3 all linked as described above.)

5. Create your report using proper grouping and sorting methods.  You can pull part descriptions by linking all Parent and Component fields back to BKICMSTR File BKIC-PROD_DESC Field.

Tim Keating
Motor Guard Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Missy Burke
Browser

Re: Crystal Reports BOM Report
Reply #2 - 04/15/04 at 10:42:36

Thanks for your help!  I was able to finish the report with the tips you provided.

Missy Burke
Awareness Technology, Inc.
Evo 2015.2
Pervasive 10/Win2008/Client-server
43 Full/5 DC Users
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print