Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/26/24 at 09:12:40
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vote for updates/enhancements (Read 8725 times)
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Vote for updates/enhancements
04/21/04 at 18:12:44

There are many update suggestions made here (and off the forum as well, but I am trying to funnel all suggestions here) and I need to prioritize them to make the best use of a limited resource - programming.  

I am sure there are updates suggested here that people read the request, think "Yes, I would like that too" and move on without responding.  Well, without any response, the perception is that nobody else is interested so programming will be assigned to something else.  If you see something you like, please post a response as simple as "Me Too"!!  Then I will know there is interest and assign programming accordingly.

Often, something a user is willing to pay for as a custom turns out to have at least some aspects of it useful to the user community in general and is made part of the standard update.  These features become part of the IS Tech update.  

Programming is prioritized 2 ways.  First, customer feedback.  When a lot of users indicate an interest in something, it WILL get done quickly (Inventory image links as an example).  The 4/23 update will have a new report for inventory either on no BOM or only assigned to inactive BOMs in response to customer feedback.  Subscribers are already paying for a service and part of that service is response to their requests.  So that is the #1 priority.

The second option is what I call "Pay for priority".  Last I checked, this is a capitalist country and money talks  Wink.  If you have a specific area of interest that doesn't seem to generate much response from other users, you have 2 options.  You can pay for a custom program which means you get exactly what you want but going forward, if the program you had customized (such as SO-A) gets future improvements, you are stuck with your custom version or have to pay to get your customization rolled into the newer version.  However, if you choose the "Pay for Priority" option, you can have your custom needs incorporated into the standard program so any future updates will also include your special program code.  So if something is REALLY important to you, instead of just responding "Me Too", try "YES, willing to pay!"  

Eventually, it will all get done, it is just a matter of priority.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
vicki
Browser

Greetings

Re: Vote for updates/enhancements
Reply #1 - 05/27/04 at 11:05:21

Lynn on the update requests are all these still in the making or has some of them been created and just not deleted out of the request for updates. I notice some are dated from last year and I know some have already been implimented is there anyway of cleaning up this folder so we can get a clearer view of what updates are still on the board to be considered.
 Grin

Victoria Dukes
Thermometrics Corporation
www.thermometricscorp.com
Email WWW vichayden2002   IP Logged
Lenette

That's why they call
it work!!

Reply #2 - 11/13/05 at 18:15:25

I agree!!!  Maybe you should get a DONE stamp for each of the posts that have been added to updates.

Perhaps at the Symposium in Phoenix you'll let us vote to move our Suggestions to the top.

Version: Current (always current on patches)
Build - 05/21/19 T7-7iR11
Pervasive 12.00 - EVO seats 15 DC seats 5
DBA since 2002

Lenette Egan
McDantim Inc
Helena, Montana
Email WWW   IP Logged
shadowcaster

I'm not here because
I know what to do.

Reply #3 - 01/26/06 at 07:04:10

I vote for just bug fixes.
stop all new development and fix stuff until the system is stable.

j Dub

WWW   IP Logged
cmsk

Reply #4 - 07/27/06 at 04:50:55

Well I'll vote for my suggestion (and I'm not alone apparently) for longer description fields...

--
Thank you
Chris Simo-Kinzer
Vice President
brookfield industries, inc.

Evo-ERP 2017.2 Build 4.5.17 Update T7-7i R11
Pervasive 9.5
Email WWW cmskbii   IP Logged
EMI Ann

Non calor sed umor
est qui nobis
incommodat.

Reply #5 - 08/07/08 at 06:52:03

I vote for longer everything fields, not just descriptions. Some of my vendors have crazy long invoice numbers. Some of my customers have half a dozen or more locations with multiple bill to's in addition to ship to's, and in my industry I probably have two dozen customers with "microwave" or some variant in the name, so longer customer ID's would be great. Longer part numbers. I love the long check number availability with the ability to use letters (for example "wire 0808071"). Yeah, pretty much, if it can be made longer, "Make it so."

EMI FILTER COMPANY
Clearwater, Florida
EVO-Erp 2015.1, Win 8.1 Pro, Win 2008 network
  IP Logged
dashdown

Be alert.  The
world needs more
lerts.

Reply #6 - 09/10/15 at 06:06:16

I would like to see Evo updated so it will send emails through Microsoft Exchange.

Email   IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #7 - 09/10/15 at 07:49:58

Quote from shadowcaster on 01/26/06 at 07:04:10:
I vote for just bug fixes.
stop all new development and fix stuff until the system is stable.

j Dub

"Me Too"!!

Grin

Totally agree with shadowcaster

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print