Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/20/24 at 20:52:16
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Version Update Problem - 2002.4 (Read 784 times)
sfossum
Browser

Version Update Problem - 2002.4
05/14/04 at 07:03:02

I tried upgrading from version 2002.1 to 2002.4.  About 2% into the upgrade I received an error message - "An Error Occurred During the Move Data Process - 115".  This happended on file BKAMLN.RUN.  Now we are locked out of DBA.  I tried reinstalling several times from different Workstations but it always stops at the same place.  HELP!

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Version Update Problem - 2002.4
Reply #1 - 05/14/04 at 07:29:35

What operating system is your server?  If it is not Novell, try running the update at the server rather than across the network.  Also make sure the CD is clean if you are updating from a CD or if it is the web download, maybe the file is damaged & you need to download it again.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
sfossum
Browser

Reply #2 - 05/14/04 at 07:39:45

Thanks for responding so quickly.  We are running Novell.  The Upgrade is a download and I have tried downloading it twice into different directories.  I was able to get the system back up and running by erasing several (possibly temporary) files from the upgrade and than reinstalling 2002.1 from the CD as a new install so that it did not mess with my data files.  Interstingly, the install stopped at the same file but I was able to start DBA.  Data files "seem" to be okay.  Guess I won't install 2002.4 until I find out what's up.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 05/14/04 at 08:50:05

I have seen Novell have trouble with the update.  I have on a couple of occasions had to install the Pervasive Workgroup Engine to a workstation with a big hard drive, copy the entire DBAMFG folder to the workstation, install the update, then copy it back.

If you are planning to sign up for the IS Tech Support updates once you have 2002.4 installed, I would be happy to help you with the update!   Wink

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
sfossum
Browser

Reply #4 - 05/14/04 at 09:09:11

Thanks for the suggestion.  We will probably sign up for support in the next week or two.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print