Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Three SO-A Anomalies (Read 1851 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Three SO-A Anomalies
06/23/04 at 07:35:55

Just upgraded to 2002.4 with the '03 service pack from DBA.   We have seen three problems so far.

First:  When in SO-A, if after entering the customer PO and then cursor down to the next field (s), but decide you need to go back up and edit a field, once you go up past the customer PO field, all the data in the sales order changes to an existing sales order (usually closed, but not always!).  the only thing that does not seem to change is the customer ID.  If you go and delete the order description field, everything comes back to what you entered.

As long as we save the sales order first, we can go back and edit it and don't have this problem.

2nd problem:  sometimes (not consistent), if you go through the fields when entering a sales order and get to the point where you are to enter the line items, you don't get the line item screen, you get the messages you normally receive after you've entered all the line item, i.e. "use default ending lines", etc.  And it does not save the sales order, no matter how you answer.
(I think I may have seen this as fixed with Lynn's patches?)

3rd problem:  Again, entering a sales order, you are at the line item screen and the customer decides not to place the order, so you want to cancel out.  At this point the sales order has been assigned a number.  But if you cancel the sales order, the nuber is gone--the next sales ordered entered does not get that number, but the next number.  So we have gaps in the sales order numbers.

Are any/all of these fixed in patches I can purchase with Lynn?

Thanks,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
lmk223a

Accountant

Re: Three SO-A Anomalies
Reply #1 - 06/23/04 at 10:25:19

with regard to item #3; what it you go to DBA system manager, SD-M (sales order defaults) and change the "next sales order number" back to re-use the sales order number for the cancelled order?  (assuming that no other sales order numbers have been assigned after this cancellation). ??? ???

EVO/ERP 2007.2 3/2708 update, 15 users
Linda Kucan
Email   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #2 - 06/23/04 at 10:59:20

Not practical. You need to kick all the users out of the system to do that each time...

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Reply #3 - 06/23/04 at 12:29:51

you are both correct, if you change the next availible SO # to the one you are missing it will fill in the gaps, but as Lorne said, it may not be easy to get into the screen as the sysmaster files are often opened... I will think about resetting the counter to the number of the SO you just cancelled... that might work.  

Also New... I just added the ability to track Changes to Sales Orders and WHO made the change.. This requires EVO for the opening menu, but the old DBA programs will read and record the DBA user name of the person who made the change.

Working on adding it to Inventory and GL postings...

Allen

« Last Edit: 06/23/04 at 13:44:53 by NovaZyg »  

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
Cyndee Pappas

EVO~ERP 2006.1
02/28/06 update

Reply #4 - 06/23/04 at 16:01:17

You can manually assign a skipped number to a new SO.  Just type it in and press enter. You'll get a message that says "SO # xxxxx does not exist. Do you want to use the number entered for a new SO?" Say yes and off you go.  Wink  If you jump ahead of  the system counter, it will ask also ask if you want to reset the counter.

Cyndee Pappas
Industrial Data Systems
EVO~ERP 2006.1 with 02/28/06 update
Client/Server Win2000 Server
Pervasive SQL 2000i

WWW   IP Logged
HB

I love DBA

Reply #5 - 06/23/04 at 18:12:00

re: NovaZyg's response
resetting the SO # after cancellation would cause a possible problem if more than one person enters orders.
Cyndie's suggestion of assigning the missing number to a new sales order manually sounds more practical

Helmut Bode
General Pencil Co.
DBA Classic 2004.1 w/IS Tech update 7/25/13
EVO-ERP
Pervasive 11
Win2008 Server
Terminal Server
12 Users
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #6 - 06/24/04 at 07:52:10

Thanks' Cyndee--we'll give the manual number assign a try.  I think if folks are careful, that should help us.

Hey Allen, that's great on the SO change tracking.
Do we have to use EVO, or can we use standard?

Is there some sort of list that shows the enhancements and which requires EVO?  I'd like to be able to review the list and make a better determination of whether we should move to the EVO version.

Thanks,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #7 - 06/24/04 at 08:16:09

Val,

Can't say if there is a list (leave that up to Lynn and co.), but ANYTHING that is going to pass user information and such REQUIRES Evolution as that has the newer TAS exe core file that can maintain persistence on the user login information that standard DBA doesn't.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
Cyndee Pappas

EVO~ERP 2006.1
02/28/06 update

Reply #8 - 06/24/04 at 11:05:12

Val, just a reminder-- you don't move to EVO, in the sense of no longer using "regular" DBA. I love it (numerical lookups, multiple windows open, etc, etc.) and use it almost exclusively. Some folks here prefer the familiar, so they still use "regular" DBA. Everybody's happy and the cost is very reasonable. And, no, Lynn didn't pay me to write this. I'm just a satisfied EVO user.  8)

Cyndee Pappas
Industrial Data Systems
EVO~ERP 2006.1 with 02/28/06 update
Client/Server Win2000 Server
Pervasive SQL 2000i

WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #9 - 06/25/04 at 10:05:26

The only released add-on or update that required Evo is the Email Add-on.  The tracking of sales order changes to price, quantity or delivery dates can be run in standard DBA.  The new one Novazyg just wrote that will be available shortly will require Evo.  It adds the capability for the Sales Order change tracking to automatically also save the login ID of the user making the change.  We are also going to add the saving of the login ID to Inventory and GL Transaction records so that you can always tell who posted an entry that generated a transaction.  And I am sure once this capability is introduced, there will be other requests.  But all the User ID transaction logging will require Evo.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #10 - 06/25/04 at 10:34:25

Didn't I say that? Wink

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #11 - 06/29/04 at 08:19:10

Smiley Well OK folks, thanks for all the wonderful resposnes.
I've signed up the two companies for whom I work and we are on the road to decent updates and are doing the he TAS Evo demo.  Looks really great, I hope the users like it as well (I am sure they will!).  

Thanks again,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print