Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/13/24 at 15:11:35
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Loop trying to Exit CM-A after going into AR-A (Read 584 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Loop trying to Exit CM-A after going into AR-A
07/23/04 at 07:40:07

Our sales people noticed something that's bugging them:  If they enter a record in CM-A, and go into AR from the CM record, then click on save in AR so that they are back in CM-A, then click on Exit in CM-A, they are prompted "save this entry".  They click on yes to save, then get another prompt that says "you can make changes to the account, but they will be lost if this record gets uploaded.  Do you wish to continue?"  They click yes, and they are re-prompted to "save this entry", and they click yes again (even though they did already save it), and they are still in the open record in CM-A.  Now they click on Exit, and get the same prompts (to which they keep replying yes even though they did save the record), but if they eventually reply No to "save this entry", they are finally "out of the loop" and out of CM altogether.

It does seem a little funky.  It would seem that if they save the record all the way thorugh the first time, that it may be logical to clear out the record screen in CM-A, and maybe either leave them in a blank record, from which they can either press exit to leave CM completely, or stay in CM to continue to do more work.

This "loop" does not seem to happen if you go the path SO-A, access CM, access AR, and then back.

BTW, why are they getting the prompt "you can make changes to the account, but they will be lost if this record gets uploaded"?  Haven't see that one before.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Loop trying to Exit CM-A after going into AR-A
Reply #1 - 07/23/04 at 12:02:28

Check the status in SM-I-I for the rep that the account is assigned to - changes by other reps may not be allowed.  I will check into the loop issue.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: Loop trying to Exit CM-A after going into AR-A
Reply #2 - 07/26/04 at 13:45:31

Hi Lynn,

I know they all can edit each other's records, as I had to check into this on an issue I reported 7/7 about a problem entering history notes.  Still didn't get anything definitive about why we have that problem, but we get around it by not entering a password when prompted.  Not a good workaround, but it works for now.

So.....what else should we check?

TIA,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print