Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/19/24 at 12:00:15
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
was Ezijobz/ now DBA next-gen... (Read 24627 times)
Mike Hart
Browser

Re: was Ezijobz/ now DBA next-gen...
Reply #15 - 10/03/04 at 15:57:26

Doris -- Bob Pearson is our in-house expert in regards to QC and ISO 9000 and has a set of specifications developed for a quality control module.  It will allow you to assemble a library of 'tests' from which you can generate a sequence of tests for each product, with formulas for inspection quantities and the ability to record test results for statistical analysis.  There will also be a vendor rating capability that not only rates quality, but also delivery and other factors.

This project is low on our priority list and wil not be addressed until all the DBA Classic-compatible features are completed, but it is something we plan on eventually adding to the product.  It is a nice stand-alone type application that will not cmplicate the product for those who have no need for it.

Regarding ISO 9000 issues, I think you wil find that DBA Next-Gen already has everything needed for an ISO 9000 program.  As far as the ISO 9002 side of things goes (as I understand it), whch is where you define your processes, responsiblities, and supporting documents, this is something generally done outside the software itself.  

The ISO 9001 side of things (as I understand it) is where the software needs to track all the actual supporting documents that accompany each job, including invoices, purchase orders, drawings, inspection sheets, etc.  DBA Next-Gen automatically archives all purchase orders and invoices.  All documents associated with each job are lnked to the job and remain permanently so after jobs are completed and can be retrieved at any time.

The actual implemenation of an ISO 9000 certification program is up to each comapny, but I believe you will find that DBA Next-Gen supplies all the tools you need for such a program.

Mike Hart

« Last Edit: 10/04/04 at 07:05:36 by Mike Hart »  

Mike Hart
President
DBA Software Inc.
WWW   IP Logged
gloriabracy
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 06/20/05 at 07:39:17

Has the advanced manufacturing module come out in DBA NG yet? We'd need routing and shop floor control.

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #17 - 06/20/05 at 11:07:46

Depends what you mean by "shop floor control".

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print