Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/25/24 at 15:31:16
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Transfering DBA Workorders to Ezijobz (Read 2280 times)
MTM
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Transfering DBA Workorders to Ezijobz
09/22/04 at 15:00:54

We have just begun to test Ezijobz and I'm excited about my first look. This seems to be the type of software I've been hoping for after using DBA for 5 years. However, after transfering my DBA data to Ezijobz, I was dismayed to find out that the transfer did not include workorders. This is completely ubsurd. We have hundreds of workorders that must be transfered before we can even consider going live with Ezijobz. Those workorders represent our company history for the last 5 years and are essential as a reference for new jobs. They contain the final BOM plus the profit made on each job. When can I expect the transfer program to include the DBA workorders ?

Michael Moscotta
Panel Hi-Tech, Inc.

IP Logged
Mike Hart
Browser

Re: Transfering DBA Workorders to Ezijobz
Reply #1 - 09/23/04 at 09:15:55

Michael, we are evolving the data transfer utility piece-by-piece as DBA Next-Gen acquires more and more DBA Classic feature equivalents.  

Before we can add work orders to the data transfer, we must complete the routings project, whereby we are adding Setup Hours, Time/Item, Items/Hour, Rate Factor, Lead-Time, Subcontract Cost, Items Completed, Items Scrapped, and %Completion fields to the BOM Stages and Job Stages screens.  

Once this is done, we will add these fields to the new shop traveler and then we can look at imporing the work orders into the Next-Gen job system.  

Routings is our big Fall project.  Before that happens we will soon release an intersting phantom assembly capability that automatically brings phantom components into jobs and also gives you the option of manufacturing and stocking phantom assemblies should you need them for spares.  

I can't give you specific completion dates, but I can tell you what we are working on -- so finishing routings is on deck and then we can take a look at importing work orders into Next-Gen jobs.

Mike Hart

Mike Hart
President
DBA Software Inc.
WWW   IP Logged
shadowcaster

I'm not here because
I know what to do.

Re: Transfering DBA Workorders to Ezijobz
Reply #2 - 11/04/05 at 09:10:33

Are we there yet ?

j Dub