Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DBA CRASH (Read 4031 times)
RAGINE

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

DBA CRASH
10/05/04 at 15:03:17

Can somebody HELP??? We lost connection to our server in the middle of entries. I rebooted server & all workstations. When I tried to get back into DBA I got the following error: READ BEYOND END OF FILE. It then let me into DBA, but the Accounting menu had all F1,F2,F3 etc on the menu buttons, and the following error came up: ACCESS VIOLATION @ ADDRESS 00402EBC IN MODULE TP5WDBA.EXE.
Our server is Windows 2003, are there any known issues or conflicts? and what can I do to get DBA up & running again? I do have yesterday's back-up but would like to know if there's another alternative to fix.  
Thanks
Ragine

Ragine Hendrickson
Manufacturing Systems Inc/TRU-CATCH TRAPS
ISTECH 2004.1 10/31/06 UPDATE
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: DBA CRASH
Reply #1 - 10/05/04 at 15:08:54

Not to worry, your Data is probably OK.  The file that is messed up is your TAS50.OVL file.  Just restore that one file from backup or let me know and I can email it to you.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
RAGINE

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 10/05/04 at 15:24:54

Thanks Lynn for the QUICK response!! Now we need to figure out why we lose connection with the server.
Ragine

Ragine Hendrickson
Email WWW   IP Logged
tcook

Reply #3 - 10/21/04 at 06:59:34

We have the same problem.  MRP runs at night by the autoexec and I have the same error message on my computer every morning the last several days.
We also lose connection to the server once a day, without fail, we have to reboot and everything is fine.  We would love to know the reason why.

Tara Cook
APA, Inc.

EVO-ERP2005.1(40 users) w/IS Tech update 12/21/08
Windows 2003
Pervasive V9.0
  IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #4 - 10/21/04 at 08:34:04

Are your workstations XPpro?

We always have to reboot a workstation (regardless of operationg system) if DBA gets left on overnight.  If we try to use it we get all kinda crazy crazy consecitive errof messages.  After pushing enter somewhere between 25 and 100 times you are allowed to exit.

This was happening long before Lynn's upgrade. I think it has been happening for about 2 yrs.  Prior to that 1997---2002? we could leave them up all the time with no problems.  

Now we do have one workstation (XPpro) that constantly looses connection if we go into our shared drive,  but it never looses connection when we just use DBA  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
tcook

Reply #5 - 10/21/04 at 08:49:54

Yes, our workstations are XPpro.  Ours is very strange.  Each workstation has to be rebooted at the same time every day.  Mine is at 10am every day.  These machines get turned off every night.  All programs lose connections to our server, DBA, Excel, Access, etc.

Tara Cook
APA, Inc.

EVO-ERP2005.1(40 users) w/IS Tech update 12/21/08
Windows 2003
Pervasive V9.0
  IP Logged
RAGINE

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 10/21/04 at 09:22:08

We had no problems until we upgraded our Server to Windows 2003. We do have XP pro on our workstations. I leave mine on at night to run DBA data back-up. I think our computer guy said something about the server resources being full? It then then loses conection to all workstations. I just reboot the server & then the workstations and all seems fine. This happens about once a week usually on Wed. So until he can figure it out I have been rebooting the Server on Mon to reset everything, so far it's worked. The bad crash happened while we were entering info into DBA & lost connection, could not do anything with DBA untill Lynn had me restore a file. All the other times it lost connection at night.

Ragine Hendrickson
Email WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #7 - 10/21/04 at 10:21:31

Are you folks staying logged in to DBA all night? Or just logged in to the network? Also, are you running backup software (ie. BackupExec)?

Also, for Ragine, did you check with DBA support before going to W2K3 Server and ensure that it had been tested and verified to work properly? And what version of Pervasive are you attempting to run on W2K3 Server?

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Karen Mason

Ain't life grand!?!

Reply #8 - 10/21/04 at 10:39:04

We are running windows 2003 server with no problems.  Workstations are XP-pro.  We shutdown the workstations each night but not the server.  We have not had to reboot the server in over a month. (knock on wood).  We did have some initial problems when we changed over all the computers but it has certainly smoothed out.  We were rebooting our old NT server 2-3 times a week.  

We back up daily and are not in DBA all night.

Karen Mason, Vice President
Bula Forge & Machine, Inc.
1-60# forgings, machining, & assembly
Cleveland, OH
Tel:216-252-7600 Fax:216-252-7601 www.bulaforge.com
EVO-ERP 09/16/09 SP2
Email WWW   IP Logged
RAGINE

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 10/21/04 at 12:28:00

Lorne,

Pervasive SQL 2000i. No I did not check with DBA to verify the server, but found in the archives that others are using the 2003 server w/no issues...(yet)! And, no we do not stay logged into DBA all night. The server and my workstation are up all night. We do a tape back-up of the entire system from the server, and I do do a data backup of DBA from my workstation.
Ragine

Ragine Hendrickson
Email WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #10 - 10/21/04 at 13:44:44

Ok, well according to Pervasive, only V8 is certified to work on W2K3. And I suspect that the backup software is what is causing folks headaches. Also, any of you that are using XP workstations should check to see if anyone has gone and updated them to SP2 as this can cause a variety of unexpected occurences.

Also another thing with the XP clients disconnecting, I had this same issue with my newest machine and my server. The ONLY way I was able to solve it was to hard code an IP address for it that is within the pool range the server recognizes and then point the DNS at my server with the gateway set to my router/firewall. Also had to play a bit with the forward and reverse lookup zones on the server.

Just some things to look for.....Smiley

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
RAGINE

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 10/21/04 at 14:35:18

Do the rest of you have Pervasive V8 installed? How about 2000i

Lorne,
We have not updated to SP2, it seemed that there were quite a few posts regarding problems by doing so.
Do you mean the tape back-up on the server? We use Yosemite Tapeware V7. We run CD back-up on local work station

Ragine

Ragine Hendrickson
Email WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #12 - 10/21/04 at 17:23:29

Well, as far as SP2, I am removing it from the test box I had it on....experienced major problems with even being able to install common programs (Adobe Acrobat for example), it would just cause it to "hang" constantly. As far as the backup software, if programs are left open that has been known to cause some problems. Even if you have the Open-File version of BackupExec or some equivalent.

Not sure what you were refering to as far as CD backup on local machines though.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
Tim Goldstein

'Cause sooner or
later everyone needs
a chief geek

Reply #13 - 01/06/05 at 11:13:16

I'm running Windows 2003 Enterprise with Pervasive 2000i SP4.  All my workstations are running Windows XP SP2 with pervasive 200i SP4 and are having no problems.

Tim
Email WWW timgolds timgolds   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #14 - 01/06/05 at 14:40:50

I had a problem after installing SP2 on one computer - it treated .com and .exe files as "potentially dangerous" and would ask you every time you tried to run them. This includes many of the DBA reports which use BKTOF to print to the printer. It was only an annoyance, but that it was. My most recent computer came with SP2 preinstalled and I have had not problems whatsoever with it.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print