Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/11/24 at 02:31:06
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Btrieve error 3012 and CR 8.5 (Read 11535 times)
arcticwolf1
Ex Member

Btrieve error 3012 and CR 8.5
12/09/04 at 09:46:21

I keep trying to run a simple report using one field from Inventory master file and every time I get 3 errors:
Btrieve error status: 3012
Error opening file
Error detected by database DLL

If anyone can help me on this issue I would greatly appreciate it. I had it working the day before but now it won't work. I even tried starting from scratch with a new report .

IP Logged
Tim Keating

DBA CLASSIC WIN 2000
C/S

Re: Btrieve error 3012 and CR 8.5
Reply #1 - 12/09/04 at 10:08:57

Quote from aricon   on 06/01/04 at 21:10:14:
From the Pervasive Documentation:

3012: Local engine is not accessible to the MicroKernel router
Access to the local engine is not possible because it is not loaded or could not be launched. You can receive this status code if you try to access a local file on a client and you do not have a MicroKernel workstation engine installed or if you try to access a local file on a server and the MicroKernel server engine is not running.
If you have only a server engine installed and your Pervasive Event Log (PVSW.LOG) contains Status Code 3012 warning entries, perform the following steps:
To Turn Off Local Engine support (for clients and workstations only):
1. Click Start | Programs | Pervasive | Pervasive Control Center.
2. Expand Pervasive.SQL 2000i Engines and expand the desired database.
3. Expand Configuration, then expand Client, and click on Access.
4. In the right hand frame, double-click on Local, change the Current value to Off, and click OK.
5. In the right-hand frame, double-click on Requester, change the Current value to Off, and click OK.
6. In the right-hand frame, double-click Target Engine, change Current to Server only, and click OK.
7. In the left-hand frame, expand Client-16 bit and click on Access.
8. In the right-hand frame, double-click Use Local MicroKernel Engine, change Current value to Off, and click OK.
9. Make sure the Use Remote MicroKernel Engine value is set to on and that the remote engine is set to accept remote requests.
10. Exit the configuration utility and restart the engines for the new settings to take effect.

Crystal is trying to access the peer server without the MK engine being available.

Tim Keating
Motor Guard Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
arcticwolf1
Ex Member

Re: Btrieve error 3012 and CR 8.5
Reply #2 - 12/10/04 at 11:39:55

Thank you for the info but I am missing the following part:
5. In the right-hand frame, double-click on Requester, change the Current value to Off, and click OK.
I dont have a requester value.
I tried the other settings but still get the same errors.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print