Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
SALES summary help!! (Read 8053 times)
arcticwolf1
Ex Member

SALES summary help!!
02/04/05 at 12:24:58

I am trying to generate a report to show the total sales of a given customer for 1 calendar year showing what parts the bought, how many of each,  total sales per part, and total sales for the year. Can anyone please help!!

IP Logged
Tim Keating

DBA CLASSIC WIN 2000
C/S

Re: SALES summary help!!
Reply #1 - 02/04/05 at 14:29:56

Help with what exactly?

All that data is contained in BKARHINV.Bxx and BKARHIVL.Bxx.

I have a report for this in Crystal 7.  If you want it, just email me.

Tim Keating
Motor Guard Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
arcticwolf1
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/07/05 at 04:40:17

Sorry.. I'm not very familiar with the tables or what is contained in them. I tried looking at the excell spreadsheet but it doesn't help me. I just need to know what I need to use to link the tables together. I would love to see that file please.  cry I apologize to everyone but I'm still new to this

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #3 - 02/07/05 at 06:35:32

What you are asking for is what is known as an ERD (Entity Relationship Diagram) or a true Data Dictionary. NEITHER exist for DBA. It is pure trial and error.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #4 - 02/07/05 at 06:57:47

Quote from aricon   on 02/07/05 at 06:35:32:
What you are asking for is what is known as an ERD (Entity Relationship Diagram) or a true Data Dictionary. NEITHER exist for DBA. It is pure trial and error.

How about a Data Flow Diagram drawn on a napkin?  undecided

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
arcticwolf1
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/07/05 at 07:16:14

Quote from aricon   on 02/07/05 at 06:35:32:

Thanks! I was trained on Oracle and so was thinking it (DBA) was similar but I guess not.  embarrassed So far I am revising my report to include just the part numbers and qty sold for last year to a given client. Would I still be SOL? Any ideas on a work around?

Thanks to everyone for your help

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #6 - 02/07/05 at 08:04:01

Actually, you should be able to get all that information from the 4 invoice data files BKARINV (open SO header file), BKARINVL (open SO line item file), BKARHINV (invoiced SO header file), and BKARHIVL (invoiced SO line item file). You can link on Customer Code field.

Oh, and GasGiant....I asked a looooongg time ago if there was even THAT much, and the answer was no. Although I am sure you are free to create such if you have a bunch of time and napkins available.... Grin

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
arcticwolf1
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/07/05 at 08:31:11

Quote from aricon   on 02/07/05 at 08:04:01:
Actually, you should be able to get all that information from the 4 invoice data files BKARINV (open SO header file), BKARINVL (open SO line item file), BKARHINV (invoiced SO header file), and BKARHIVL (invoiced SO line item file). You can link on Customer Code field.

Thanks but how do I link the invoiced SO header and line item tables? I've been trying to find a common field but couldn't. Do I need to link both invoiced and non-invoiced? ???

IP Logged
kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Reply #8 - 02/07/05 at 09:16:55

BKARINV is to BKARINVL as
BKARHINV is to BKARHINVL

If you only want to report on invoiced sales (closed bookings), you only need to look in the
BKARHINV and BKARHINVL files.  These contain the invoice history.

The link looks like this in crystal reports:

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation
ISTECH 2004.1 7/26/13 SP1 - 20 user
Evo-ERP Build 7/25/13 T7 -7i R6 - 3 user
(Prev version was 2004.1 10/24/12)
(All Patches Installed as of 7/26/13)
Pervasive 2000i SP4 - Crystal Reports V10
Email WWW   IP Logged
BurrKing_Mfg

Computer repair can
not be done with a
hammer!

Reply #9 - 01/16/12 at 18:01:34

I know this is an old thread, but I hoping that someone can give me a little guidance.  
My boss would like a report that shows bookings and shipped orders.  I'm new to CR and have been playing around and I notice that half of the information is in one place for bookings but if it ships the amount is cleared from BKARINV.  

How do I go about doing this report?  Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks
James

12 User Evo-ERP
Pervasive 11
2012r2 Server (needs upgrades)
Evo is fully patched and ready to go
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #10 - 01/17/12 at 05:45:53

For open (booked) orders, the info is BKARINV (header) and BKARINVL (lines) with the notes in BKARDESC. These are keyed to the SO number, since the invoice number does not yet exist. The field for the actual ship date (bkar_invl_asd) is the requested date and the INVNUM field in BKARINVL is actually the SO num.

Invoiced orders (confusingly) are in separate tables that have the exact same field names, except for the notes, which stay where they were. The invoiced info is in BKARHINV (header) and BKARHIVL (lines), but now the INVNUM in the lines table is the invoice number.

Transaction info is also posted in INVTXN, BKARINVT, SERIAL, LOT, and to the GLs, etc., but you should not need these for your report.

If you would like help writing any of these queries, there are a couple of us here who can help. Let us know what you want included and we'll come up with something that should do the trick.  

Here at FHC we have something named the "Flash Report", which lists the results of bookings and invoices by day and by month, with previous month results graphed. I've created this report in a web page so that it is available to all employees in real time.

BTW, I did receive your email and would be happy to help. My preference would be to do something that is freely available to everyone, if that will work for you.

BurrKing_Mfg

Computer repair can
not be done with a
hammer!

Reply #11 - 01/17/12 at 07:05:41

Colin,  We have Evo2Web installed at the shop and its a great program.  

We have been using the "flash" report but what I would really like to have in this report would be current and one year ago.  I'm assuming that the "flash report" is not the same one that is included with the EVO2Web that you posted on your site.  

The report would include the following bookings(shipped and not shipped orders), shipped orders (orders that have been invoiced) and then the current backlog.  

What I'm trying to do is to create a simple report that the boss can run to see the status of his business.  Something that a CR reader could be set to run first thing in the morning and then he could have a live view of his company.  

From what I understand a CR report with several sub reports would do this.   Your "flash report" may just do the job.  

Thanks for the help

12 User Evo-ERP
Pervasive 11
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #12 - 01/17/12 at 08:14:14

Our flash report has been customized from what was in Evo2Web, yes, but it does not include prior year results. For that type of view we use Excel to gather quarterly metrics. Backlog is not something we look at very often, but our version of Evo2Web, which we simply call "data mining", includes the ability to look at open orders by SO or by line, with or without dollar values. Gathering this much info at once might be too heavy for a browser app... depending how it is written. I can see how it would be beneficial to our operation, as well, so I'll create something... a few more questions, though.

Does "current and one year ago" mean day, week, month, or quarter?

Current backlog is obvious, but what period of booked/shipped would be most helpful? We seem to be interested in current month results, but other periods may make sense.

Would prior year results as a number be good or would a graph be more helpful. Our flash report has current month results for two companies, with detail by day and a graph of current FY results by month.

Any other ideas would be helpful.

BurrKing_Mfg

Computer repair can
not be done with a
hammer!

Reply #13 - 01/17/12 at 08:49:13

We also seem to concentrate on current month results here as well.  But it is month to date with a total from the previous years month that really seems to get them excited.  It gives everyone a goal to shoot for.  Our business seems to go in cycles, we have traditionally good months and then we have months that everyone schedules their vacations.  So Quarterly numbers don't do much for me.  If I had to rank the order of importance I would say - Monthly, Yearly year to date with totals  

And graphs are always a big plus.  I have found that our owner doesn't like to look at "numbers".  

I think prior years could be a number result and that would be fine.  

When you say that you use excel to gather quarterly metrics, help me out on this.  I have only used excel with the evo databases to perform lookup functions.  Which works very well for a bunch of things we tend to do.  There is a list of core items that the boss never wants to run out of or run low on.  He has an excel sheet that he can type the item number into and then it pulls the information from the db.  UOH, UOSO, ect but he can have say 50 lines and change the ones that he wants.  And the information is just a refresh away.  Ofcourse this was only after I learned that I needed to rebuild the stock levels every evening, but there's an App for that!

12 User Evo-ERP
Pervasive 11
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #14 - 01/17/12 at 09:20:07

Wow, we use Excel for many of our metrics. Your interest probably run to sales figures, so I'll explain that a little.

One biggie is "On Time Delivery", for which I need both the SO data and the Invoice data. I pull the item class, actual ship date, promised date (ESD) requested date (ASD from the SO table) and some more identifying data and plot percent on-time shipping to both promised and requested dates. These results are broken out by classes (almost like work centers) and graphed with three years of results. Pivot tables are used to make sense of the data for graphing. The same data feeds into Pareto charts once we assign a reason to every late shipment, which is a manual operation at this point.

Another metric is breaking out a percentage of quarterly revenue coming from new products vs established items. We have added a user-defined field to items so that we can enter a date when the product went on the market. Using that field I can pull all sales by quarter and break out the sales of new products, again using pivot tables, so that we can graph percentage of sales that are coming from new products. This helps us judge the return on R&D.

There are many other ways we use Excel, including sales by territory, by class, and by customer. We also chart profit margin by class, by clinical vs. research products, and other fun P&L stuff. The options are endless Smiley

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print