Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/17/24 at 01:38:40
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Data Collection (DC) and DBA Payroll (Read 682 times)
JAM1967
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Data Collection (DC) and DBA Payroll
02/26/05 at 13:55:02

I have been trying to use DC Data Collection for recording attendance hours and reporting labor to DBA Payroll.

Assume an employee clocks in to the shift at 8:00am using DC-C and then clocks into a work order at 9:00am.  Later on he clocks out of work order at 3:30pm and clocks out of shift at 4:30pm and goes home.

So he has 8 hours attendance (subtracting 30 minutes for lunch break) and 6 hours on a work order.

Running DC-H and then WO-L-E will post the 6 hours to the Payroll (and Work Orders).

Anyone have any idea how I can post all of the 8 hours to Payroll?  DC-D will allow me to export the shift data (i.e. the 8 hours) to a .txt file and then I believe you can use that to import the DBA data into CheckMark.  But I want to use DBA Payroll, so do I have to do something like importing this into the DBA Timecard (PR-J) and then post to Payroll, or what?

I could also set up a dummy work order for idle time, with its own Item Class, and that way the employee would clock into the dummy work order if he does not have a job to work on immediately.  Also, this time could then be charged to an indirect labor account.

But I am still wondering if, somehow, I can get those 8 hours directly into Payroll.

Anyone have an answer?  Thanks

John Mannion
Alba Consulting
www.albaca.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Data Collection (DC) and DBA Payroll
Reply #1 - 02/26/05 at 20:19:37

John -

You sent me this privately as well and I have been pondering why the shift labor isn't posted the way you suggest (which would be the logical method) and I finally remembered why.  At the time the shift labor posting was originally added by DBA, they were in the "we don't support payroll" mode so they weren't doing any programming that interacted with the payroll module.  As a result, the Shift clock in/out capability bypassed DBA payroll.  Obviously, that is something we need to correct.  

So strictly speaking, it is not a "bug" but definitely a design shortcoming that will be addressed.  The question is, when...  Any feedback from other users?  

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
JAM1967
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 02/27/05 at 09:48:03

Lynn,

Well that is the answer!  The system now works as I had hoped it would and I do not think you will need to make any program modifications.  

For anyone who is interested, the method is as follows:

1.      Make sure to SD-F and say Y to Enable Employee Shift Start/Stop?
2.      Use DC (A, B or C) to clock onto the shift and also onto work orders if required.
3.      DC-H to post to Post Labor Transactions (this is for work orders ONLY)
4.      PR-K to Transfer Hours from Data Collection.  Say Y to Post While printing?
5.      PR-B to tag the employee hours and save for payment.
6.      PR-C to view pending payroll payments
7.      PR-D to Print Payroll Checks.

Using the above method make sure that we DO NOT also run WO-L-E Print/Post Labor to Payroll since any time spend working on work orders during the shift will then also be added to the attendance or shift hours, so the hours will be counted twice.

John Mannion
Alba Consulting
www.albaca.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 02/27/05 at 15:17:07

You are quite correct, I forgot we did that.  Was an IS Tech update back in November 2003.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print