Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/09/24 at 16:28:32
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
General Ledger/Check register report (Read 1054 times)
kristinfitz
Browser

General Ledger/Check register report
04/01/05 at 08:32:56

I am trying to create a report in Crystal that is a check register for the current month that pulls information such as vendor code, check no, check date, check amount, dec, but most importantly, the general ledger account charged.  I can get this report to run with all the info I need but I have not been able to link the GL account to it. Has anyone attempted this? If so, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: General Ledger/Check register report
Reply #1 - 04/01/05 at 14:03:51

You really can't.  At the time of cutting checks, the only GL Accounts involved are AP and Cash.  The original expense accounts are in the voucher or, in the case of PO Invoices, all the way back to the PO Receiving.  And let's say you enter a voucher for American express and distribute it to a number of expense accounts, then make a partial payment.  Really close to impossible to tie GL to checks.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #2 - 04/01/05 at 14:10:14

I sort of disagree. Sort of in that other systems (Great Plains, Solomon, Syspro, Visual, etc.) do this, but not usually in a "report" format. Usually done as a query that is displayed within the user interface.

That said, it could be done as a report, but would require a series of embedded sub-reports and without program logic to drive which reports appear under which conditions (as Lynn indicated - PO versus voucher and such) it would be REALLY difficult.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
kristinfitz
Browser

Reply #3 - 04/04/05 at 05:13:04

Thanks for the input.. I will keep trying to see if I can get something like what I need.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print