Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 01:58:17
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need reference material (newbie ReportBuilder) (Read 1696 times)
heliosquare

Need reference material (newbie ReportBuilder)
06/28/05 at 10:37:57

Anyone know of some good reference material I can read/study to learn to use the ReportBuilder?  The .hlp file doesn't do me much good at this point. To be honest, I can't really make sense of what exactly the "stripped down" version can/can't do.  The .hlp file seems to describe a product that does much more and even the addsum website shows screen shots of a product that has options I don't see anywhere...

I have zero experience in Delphi so maybe I should start there?  I have a decent amount of web programming experience so I think the learning curve won't be too steep...

WWW   IP Logged
ITman

Hello!

Re: Need reference material (newbie ReportBuilder)
Reply #1 - 07/13/05 at 11:37:35

Hello,

If you are talking about the bundled report builder (ENDUSER.EXE *I think*), you can only move fields around.  And actually not much around at that.  You can also add text and other objects.  

Things you can't do: add fields from the database, create sub reports, filter items, etc...

It's been a long time since I looked at it, but I seem to remember having these troubles a while back.  We purchased the compiler (from ISTS) and now we can do basically anything we need.

As far as a reference, I can't really find much either.  There is a help file that comes with the compiler but the documentation on the report builder portion is lacking.  If you have ever used another IDE like VB or something similar the learning curve will not be much at all.

Keith

IP Logged
heliosquare

Re: Need reference material (newbie ReportBuilder)
Reply #2 - 07/28/05 at 08:59:08

Keith,
Thanks for the reply.  We've had a real problem with customers taking incorrect discounts when paying invoices.  A lot of customers get 1%/15 but are taking the 1% off the invoice total instead of the sub-total.  Despite glaring default notes on the invoice the problem persists.  This ends up turning into more work for us trying to determine the correct discount amount when entering customer checks - not to mention costs related to sending out statements.

What I really want to do is have the invoice print a box containing the correct discount amount based on the customer's terms.  How involved would this be?  Thanks.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print