Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can not open DBA (Read 5274 times)
cmi
Browser

CMI

Can not open DBA
07/29/05 at 09:50:43

We were using DBA as normal, then all of sudden we received an error about licenses, now DBA will not open.  We double click on the icon, it starts to open, and then closes all the way out back to the desktop.  Any ideas?

IP Logged
JNAPIER

Evil-Evo Bad Dog!

Re: Can not open DBA
Reply #1 - 07/29/05 at 10:28:29

Have you enabled Multi-Session on this machine. It is not what is causing a license error but it will help from having to reboot everytime DBA doesn't exit properly so you can troubleshoot easier. Go to start, Run a program in windows. Type in X:\dbamfg\dbams.exe and turn on Multi. X is whatever your mapped drive is on the server.

J

EVO-ERP, ISTS 3.27.08 , 2000I 10 user
Email WWW   IP Logged
cmi
Browser

CMI

Reply #2 - 07/29/05 at 10:34:34

Thank you, that helps so I don't have to reboot.  I still can not get into DBA, however.  Now I am getting an error "An error occurred while tryint to load Btrieve Error:12"

IP Logged
cmi
Browser

CMI

Reply #3 - 07/29/05 at 10:58:25

We put teh FileLoc.B back in the root directory and no longer get the BTrieve error, however....
When you click on DBA, it starts to open, then completely shuts back down to the desktop again.  No one get can get in from any workstation.

HELP

IP Logged
JNAPIER

Evil-Evo Bad Dog!

Reply #4 - 07/29/05 at 11:03:21

Quote from cmi   on 07/29/05 at 10:34:34:
Thank you, that helps so I don't have to reboot.  I still can not get into DBA, however.  Now I am getting an error "An error occurred while tryint to load Btrieve Error:12"

Check your DBA shortcut path and target. Make certain that you have the server drive mapped and to reconnect at next login. Have you made any changes to pervasive or DBA drive location ?

John

Email WWW   IP Logged
cmi
Browser

CMI

Reply #5 - 07/29/05 at 11:07:36

The locations are fine.  We have not made any changes today.  Someone was entering POs and they noticed a "glitch" and were kicked out.  When she tried to go back in, she got a message about not being licensed.  Then she tried again and it kept kicking her back to the desktop.  Then everyone got the same thing.  Now no one can get in.

IP Logged
JNAPIER

Evil-Evo Bad Dog!

Reply #6 - 07/29/05 at 11:11:10

Quote from cmi   on 07/29/05 at 11:07:36:
The locations are fine.  We have not made any changes today.  Someone was entering POs and they noticed a "glitch" and were kicked out.  When she tried to go back in, she got a message about not being licensed.  Then she tried again and it kept kicking her back to the desktop.  Then everyone got the same thing.  Now no one can get in.

Have you restarted your server. The Fileloc.B is a file location record I believe Pervasive uses? Does DBA run at the server?

John

Email WWW   IP Logged
cmi
Browser

CMI

Reply #7 - 07/29/05 at 11:13:46

Yes, DBA runs at the server.  We have rebooted twice now (server and workstations).  The same thing happens.  You double click on DBA to log in, and it starts to open, and then immediately closes out back to the desktop.

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #8 - 07/29/05 at 11:30:54

Try re-booting the workstations after you re-boot the server.

If this fails and you are able to access DBA on the server without the error then try re-installing the Pervasive client on the workstations and the DBA client.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
cmi
Browser

CMI

Reply #9 - 07/29/05 at 11:48:46

It will not run from the server either

IP Logged
JNAPIER

Evil-Evo Bad Dog!

Reply #10 - 07/29/05 at 11:58:08

How long have you been using DBA on this system. Is your install of pervasive peer to peer or server client? It sure seems to me like an issue with pervasive. It is helpful if in your profile page you add your DBA, ISTS and Pervasive versions to your Sig Line.

John

Email WWW   IP Logged
cmi
Browser

CMI

Reply #11 - 07/29/05 at 12:03:30

Thanks for the info, I will add that stuff to my profile.  I had not thought of that.  We have been running DBA on this system for about 3 years.  It is Client-Server setup.  This is the first time we have had a problem like this.

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #12 - 07/29/05 at 12:27:08

Well, worst case scenario recovery is to copy all of the data files over to another location on the server, email DBA support for a licence key file, clean Pervasive off the server and then re-install Pervasive on the server and do the same with the workstations.

If by some ungodly happenstance that that does not solve the problem (since it then becomes just like a new install), then I would have NO idea.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
rlevasseur

This forum is a
great help!!

Reply #13 - 07/29/05 at 14:58:29

This may be strange, but I had the same problem a few days ago with the license expired. What I found was that the clock in my computer had changed to the year 8009! Anyways, I changed it to what it should be and reinstalled the license and everything is working okay.

Rick

DBA 2018.2 w/ IS TECH SUPPORT UPDATE
EVO/ERP 2018.2 Build - 7/23/2018 T7 - 7iR11
Pervasive Version 11.30 Peer-to-Peer
XP Pro, Windows 7 Professional
  IP Logged
cmi
Browser

CMI

Reply #14 - 08/01/05 at 10:11:44

Got it up.  I had to reinstall Pervasive as suggested. Thanks guys!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print