Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/19/24 at 01:53:21
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Crystal XI Database Recognition (Read 880 times)
cmaloney
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Crystal XI Database Recognition
02/15/06 at 12:55:44

I have just installed Crystal XI to generate reports out of DBA Version 2004.1 and am getting error message "Failed to load database information" then "Unknown database connector error" when I try to "create new connection".

Any suggestions on how to make Crystal read my database?

IP Logged
jgh1204

When all else fails,
don't do all else
again.

Re: Crystal XI Database Recognition
Reply #1 - 02/15/06 at 14:27:25

Does XI still support BTRIEVE?

Email   IP Logged
JNAPIER

Evil-Evo Bad Dog!

Reply #2 - 02/16/06 at 07:27:32

Are you attempting an ODBC connection or DDF database? If ODBC you need to create an odbc server engine on the server and a local client connection on your workstations. I use 8.0 and can do either type of connection. XI?

John

EVO-ERP, ISTS 3.27.08 , 2000I 10 user
Email WWW   IP Logged
Tim Goldstein

'Cause sooner or
later everyone needs
a chief geek

Reply #3 - 02/16/06 at 11:00:32

Yes it does but only on the transactional side.  Simple point directly to the location of your DDF files and choose field.DDF

WARNING!!!!  This is the DDF file in with the .B files not the one in DBAMFG. Also since it's transactional,  you will need to know the key relationships.  It will show you the keys but not the relations to the other tables e.g. the difference between relational and transactional table access!

This works great if your are going to distribute the report.  You don't have to make sure the ODBC name is the same on every machine.  As a matter of fact,  you don't even have to have an ODBC connection.  

Hope it helps,

Tim

Tim
Email WWW timgolds timgolds   IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Reply #4 - 06/22/06 at 15:52:05

yes, ALL versions of Crystal can access your btrieve database, that is what Pervasive is around for.

if you don't use ODBC, and you are using the Btrieve access, then all users that are using your report must have the same Drive Mappings as you, from when you create your report.

so the question remains, what TYPE of connection are you attempting? Crystal can access hundreds of databases. what connection metho are you attempting to use?

dave

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print