Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/14/24 at 20:18:05
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Modifying 1200 inventory records (Read 932 times)
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Modifying 1200 inventory records
04/27/06 at 08:02:50

I need to change MTIC.PROD.LOT and MTIC.PROD.TYPE for 1200 assemblies in my inventory system. After looking at the DE-A and DE-B process, I'm looking for a better way.  

Any hints would be appreciated.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
rmh148

Re: Modifying 1200 inventory records
Reply #1 - 04/27/06 at 08:53:18

I have used Pervasive SQL to fix lot size in MTICMSTR and ROUTING.  Here is a sample of the SQL  

For MTICMSTR:

UPDATE "MTICMSTR" SET "MTICMSTR"."MTIC_PROD_LOTSZ"=20 WHERE "MTICMSTR"."MTIC_PROD_CODE"= '000314-01/-'#
UPDATE "MTICMSTR" SET "MTICMSTR"."MTIC_PROD_LOTSZ"=250 WHERE "MTICMSTR"."MTIC_PROD_CODE"= '00083101/-'#

for ROUTING:

UPDATE "ROUTING" SET "ROUTING"."MTRO_LOTSIZE"=20 WHERE "ROUTING"."MTRO_CODE"= '000314-01/-'#
UPDATE "ROUTING" SET "ROUTING"."MTRO_LOTSIZE"=250 WHERE "ROUTING"."MTRO_CODE"= '00083101/-'#

IP Logged
shadowcaster

I'm not here because
I know what to do.

Reply #2 - 05/01/06 at 14:30:50

That looks very handy

where would you recomend one would go to learn about SQL and DBA

JW

WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #3 - 05/02/06 at 03:09:38

Okay, SQL I can do. I guess I didn't realize that Pervasive had such a standard SQL interface. I always think of it as arcane. Setting up the ODBC was interesting, but I can now get a standard SELECT query to work just fine. I'm hoping that an UPDATE that hits multiple fields will work the way I expect, as well.  8)

Here is what I'm going to try once I get all of my approvals signed off...

UPDATE "MTICMSTR"  
SET "MTIC_PROD_CLASS" = 'N' , "MTIC_PROD_TYPE" = 'B', "MTIC_PROD_LOT" = 'N'
WHERE "MTIC_PROD_CODE" > 'UEPL'  
  AND "MTIC_PROD_CODE" < 'UEXX'  
  AND "MTIC_PROD_TYPE" = 'A'  
#

Anyone see any glaring errors? All I'm doing is modifying these ~1200 records to make the assemblies into phantoms, remove lot numbering from them, and standardizing them as class N, which we use for all non-finished goods.

« Last Edit: 05/23/06 at 04:08:52 by GasGiant »  

GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #4 - 05/02/06 at 03:20:36

Quote from shadowcaster   on 05/01/06 at 14:30:50:
That looks very handy

where would you recomend one would go to learn about SQL and DBA

There are tons of SQL tutorials on the web (free) and the Pervasive help is where I looked to find the little quirks of 2000i compared with MySQL or P/L SQL, etc.

GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #5 - 05/23/06 at 04:16:55

Just to close out this thread, the process worked great, it took 7 seconds to update 1210 records. The only thing I had to change from what I wrote above is that I had to update a corresponding field in the BKICMSTR file to make everything match.

UPDATE "BKICMSTR"  
SET "BKIC_PROD_TYPE" = 'B'
WHERE "BKIC_PROD_CODE" > 'UEPL'  
  AND "BKIC_PROD_CODE" < 'UEXX'  
  AND "BKIC_PROD_TYPE" = 'A'  
#  

One nice bonus is that all of the open work orders for the assemblies that I changed into phantoms can still be processed normally. Also, all of the open work orders with those assemblies on their BOM process properly. All I have left to do is to purge the remaining inventory of assemblies during our annual inventory on June 30th. Now my inventory chore is greatly reduced by not having to count 1210 lotted assemblies. That took almost a full man-week last year!

rmh148

Reply #6 - 05/23/06 at 13:26:36

I told you it was easy!  But, be careful.  I have dba set up as stand alone (C drive) and the real on the server.  I point it a my TestData to ensure that it works, then point it at the real ODBC data too save many hours. I have used it to clean up lead times, lot sizes and many other mass cleanup areas.  I create a guide file with visual basic, vbscript or even in an text editor to stack command then execute. Like, this one I used to fix a bunch of GL COA descriptions:

UPDATE "BKGLCOA" SET "BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCTD"= 'COD COLLECTED NOT RCVD' WHERE ("BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCT"= '12050')#
UPDATE "BKGLCOA" SET "BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCTD"= 'ALLOWANCE FOR BAD DEBTS' WHERE ("BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCT"= '12100')#
UPDATE "BKGLCOA" SET "BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCTD"= 'INVENTORY- FINISHED GOODS' WHERE ("BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCT"= '12500')#
UPDATE "BKGLCOA" SET "BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCTD"= 'INVENTORY- WIP' WHERE ("BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCT"= '12550')#
UPDATE "BKGLCOA" SET "BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCTD"= 'INVENTORY- RAW GOODS' WHERE ("BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCT"= '12600')#
UPDATE "BKGLCOA" SET "BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCTD"= 'INVENTORY-OBSOLETE' WHERE ("BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCT"= '12650')#
UPDATE "BKGLCOA" SET "BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCTD"= 'OBSOLESCENCE - ALLOWANCE' WHERE ("BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCT"= '12651')#
UPDATE "BKGLCOA" SET "BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCTD"= 'PREPAID INSURANCE' WHERE ("BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCT"= '13000')#
UPDATE "BKGLCOA" SET "BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCTD"= 'PREPAID EXPENSE' WHERE ("BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCT"= '13100')#
UPDATE "BKGLCOA" SET "BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCTD"= 'DEPOSITS' WHERE ("BKGLCOA"."BKGL_ACCT"= '14000')#

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print