Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/20/24 at 03:59:49
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New Hampshire Registration (Read 13024 times)
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Re: New Hampshire Registration
Reply #15 - 09/12/06 at 07:42:00

David,  

Your fileloc is pointing to the wrong data path.. in classic use UT-D and press the change all locations. You can then specify the path to the data per company there.

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #16 - 09/12/06 at 11:01:16

Well, we're getting somewhere, just not sure where.

I was able to run UT-D in Classic and change the location. However I am still having problems (I verified that it did actually change the location by going back to the main UT-D screen and did a lookup on file name - it shows all the .bvh files as in the local directory).

I get the same error message in SO-A as before for my real company. The Default Company seems to work fine, but if I try to change back, there is nothing listed in the drop-down, as if there is only one company.

I can change to any of the other companies (from the normal one), but get the same behavior as in my real one, including the exact same message that I get in SO-A in my real company referring to C:\DBA\VH\ISIS.BVH, even though UT-D still shows the data for the other companies as on drive F:\

Also, if I stay plugged into the network, DBA is VEEERRRYYY slow. Like 10 seconds to draw the menu buttons when you change menus, and up to 30 seconds to open a program.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #17 - 09/13/06 at 05:22:54

OK, I've got Classic to work, by completely re-installing everything and putting my real data right in the DBAMFG directory (and using UT-D to say it's there). Still having the same problem with Evo, though I guess it really doesn't matter for this "installation". I'm not going to waste too much more time on it anyways.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #18 - 09/14/06 at 14:59:39

I'm having similar issues.  I installed Pervasive workgroup, and copied over the DBA files into C:\dbamfg and one company (we don't need/want to put all the companies' data on the laptop).  Ran the gateway program, something flashed and then nothing.  Ran the Evoerp setup, that went OK.  Launched EvoERP and after clicking on OK to log in, I get the following errors:

first window:
Error
FILEOPEN ERROR
Error Number 12
Filename:  bksysmstr
program name:  c:\dbamfg\evoerpmenu.rwn
EXE path:  c:\ists\
This prorgram will now end.

Can only click OK, and I then get this error:

WARN ERR:  FILE:  ADV60.LIB   Line:  2255
You can't quit from a modal form.  
Check your trap ESC commands.

Again, can only click OK< and I then get this error:

WARN ERR - File:  Evoerpmenu.src, line: 680
an error message record was not found in the errmsg.b file  404.  

click on OK, etc. same stuff.  Have to CTRL-ATL-DEL out.

Tried Classic setup, which ran OK, but when I launch Classic is gives me the license has expired, etc. etc. and so no go there.

How to fix? Do we really have to have DBA running, or just the files present for Crystal usage?

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #19 - 09/14/06 at 15:54:44

Error 12 is file not found.  It may be looking for the folders for all the companies, not just the one you brought over.  Create the subfolders for all your companies and just copy over the BKSYMSTR file for each one to its appropriate folder.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #20 - 09/15/06 at 09:03:17

I was figuring it was looking for all the folders.  Didn't think of just creating the folder and copying over the file.  I will give that a try!

Thank you,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Reply #21 - 09/15/06 at 11:23:59

generally, after installing the pervasive wge, all you have to do is copy the entire DBAMFG and all it's subdirectories.  
then run the setups. however, if your laptop is used to accessing the server copy of evo or dba, then you already have an ISTS folder. which means you need a different one to point to the local copy.

also, david. it is usually best that the program and data reside on the same drive on the server. i'd say your ok as long as both drives are being serviced by the pervasive engine. but it's not the normal configuration.  

if anyone needs assistance setting up their local copy, i'll be available all this week to assist. just call me. or email  davemeng@earthlink.net 760-832-2536

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #22 - 09/15/06 at 13:37:06

Hi Dave,

Neither of these laptops has had Pervasive installed before, or been used with DBA or Evo.  It's a real fresh setup.  I did go in and create the folders as Lynn suggested, and copied over the bksysmstr to each, renaming the extension.  I no longer get the error 12, but I do get what David gets, an access violation error after clicking on OK at login:

Access violation at address 00405880 in module "evoerp.exe. Read of addess 00000066

And then I obviously can't run it.  But I can use the classic once I ignore the license expir message.

Thanks,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Reply #23 - 09/15/06 at 20:47:37

Val,
what version of pervasive did you install?

sometimes, the cache engine can make that error go away. actually i think it just hides it.

but go into the pervasive control center, locate in the configuration, for the cache allocations, or use cache engine. (depends on the version) turn it on. apply the changes.

i did that for some workstations, various operating systems, some got that error some did not. i was unable to chase it down. but setting the cache allocation / engine made the difference.

hth
dave

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #24 - 09/18/06 at 04:53:27

Maybe I should note that my laptop is running XP Home....

What about yours, Val?

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #25 - 09/18/06 at 08:03:32

I installed the 30 day demo - 9.5 with whatever SP it comes with.  One is XP Home, the other is XP Pro. Both have the identical problem.

I'm not going to spend a huge amount of tiime here, it's just not worth it.  I've got a boatload of other stuf to be doing.  How much are they going to have to use DBA\Evo? They're supposed to be learning Crystal! So can they just live with Classic for the training?????

Thanks,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #26 - 09/18/06 at 12:35:36

Quote from gtladmin   on 09/18/06 at 08:03:32:
So can they just live with Classic for the training?????

I can't see why not. I wouldn't think you'd even need to be able to run Classic, but maybe. Could certainly be helpful if some data needed to be added to make a report work or something.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #27 - 09/18/06 at 17:46:30

Exactly right. And while they are there, we will try to figure out what the problem is.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #28 - 09/19/06 at 04:33:52

The Pervasive, Crystal, and DBA/EvoERP installs to these laptops are going to be removed immediately after training, as they are not intended for this use.  We only borrowed them for this symposium.  So please don't waste time trying to figure it out, as it's all being wiped off anyway.

Thanks for the offer, though!

Regards,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #29 - 09/22/06 at 11:20:37

Update:  I did get EvoERP successfully working on the machines.  I went in and updated the DDFs in Classic just to make sure they were ready for the Crystal.  For some reason  that seemed to do it!

So they will have working EvoERP installs on their machines, in addition to Crystal 8.5.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print