Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 05:41:40
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Move DBA/Pervasive from server to XP home (Read 1913 times)
jmccolley
Browser

I Love YaBB 2!

Move DBA/Pervasive from server to XP home
11/20/07 at 13:42:36

I have a customer that has DBA 2002.4 and Pervasive SQL 2000 running on a Windows NT server.  They want to discontinue use of the server and run only on one PC.  They have asked me to help them move everything off of the server and onto the PC, but I don't know anything about DBA/Pervasive install and they only have one DBA CD that is version 99.2.  They have already purchased a downgrade of the user license from 5 to 1 user from DBA, but DBA does not support DBA Classic any more.  Can anyone give me a step by step procedure on how to do this, or any help at all?
Thanks!!!

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Move DBA/Pervasive from server to XP home
Reply #1 - 11/20/07 at 13:50:56

You need to load a single user workgroup copy of Pervasive to the new station and then simply copy the DBAMFG folder from the old server to the new.  You can download the current version of Pervasive Workgroup from their website or it is available from IS Tech.  Email me directly and I can help you.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Doyle Glaze
Browser

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 06/28/08 at 13:15:05

I am trying to the same thing.  

What are the correct steps to move the dba from the server to a standalone setup?

Is there files that should be copied over and are there files that should not be copied over?

Thanks for your help!!!

Doyle

Email   IP Logged
ChrisTC
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #3 - 09/17/13 at 14:40:26

This is exactly what i'm trying to do. My employer no longer wants to use the server as only one person can use the program at a time anyway, he just wants the program as a stand alone on a computer here. Ive never dealt with DBA so I looked up as much information as I could find.  

---I got these steps :

Install Pervasive Workgroup to your laptop.  You can download a 30 day trial of Workgroup V9 from the Pervasive website or purchase from IS Tech for $25.

Copy DBAMFG from your server to the laptop.  Run DBAMFG\GATEWAY.EXE to reset the Gateway to the Laptop Computer.

For DBA Classic, browse to the DBAMFG\Workstation Setup folder and run SETUP.EXE ---

When I use gateway I get an error message saying the network name for this computer is blank.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 09/17/13 at 17:41:22

Delete all files in DBAMFG and subfolders named ~pvsw~.loc

That will remove any Gateway reference to the old server and allow the program to load.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print