Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 22:47:42
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What sort of handheld to get? (Read 12982 times)
dude75
Ex Member

Re: What sort of handheld to get?
Reply #15 - 05/14/10 at 04:08:11

Thanks again guys for all the advice, been checking through the forums and have picked up some great hints and tips. As you can probably tell I am fairly new to all this. Keep up the good work!

Thanks again

IP Logged
John Deitz
Browser

Make my day!

Reply #16 - 07/29/10 at 13:26:36

Just an update:

We finally have the one thing we wanted most when we first started using DBA (12 years ago?): accurate inventory information at the touch of a button. As of July 1st, we have deployed a cheap wedge-type bar code scanner and wireless laptop solution to use the HH menu and have closed the inventory loop. We now have complete real time inventory tracking for all our work order, purchase order and sales order activity. Nothing move in out out of stock without being recorded. When DBA says there are 2 in the box, there are 2 in the box. We have a around 2500 active items in a 5000 item inventory and around 300 multi-level BoMs to keep track of, so this is a big step up for us. And once we committed to it, it was much easier than we thought.

So don't give up. It can be done and it's worth it.

Email WWW   IP Logged
shadowcaster

I'm not here because
I know what to do.

Reply #17 - 08/17/13 at 08:16:41

Just about  to redo all my labels and switch to scanning.

Any updates as to what hardware to buy or things to watch out for.

WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #18 - 08/17/13 at 10:34:54

Depends on the environment and how much portability you want.  Cheap option is a wedge USB scanner plugged into a laptop or desktop.  If you want the portability of the Evo Hand Held module, you need portable units with a Windows operating system that can run Remote Desktop which is how you will be connecting to the network.  If a user has a desktop and will be either sitting at his desk or walking around using the handheld, he can remote into his own workstation.  Otherwise, you will need the RDP licenses on the server within Windows.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Jaime Lefkowitz
Browser

Reply #19 - 07/31/14 at 19:55:25

I am looking at purchasing a handheld (possibly a DT90 Mobile Computer).  I already have the capability of scanners, ipads, pc's, etc.

What I'm really looking for, however, is to visit a company that is using a DT90.  I'd like to see the setup, use(s), etc.  My company would pay my expenses to visit and learn from someone deeply entrenched in scanning + EVO.

If anyone is interested and/or available to provide this type of service/education, please let me know.  

Thank you.

Jaime

IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #20 - 02/13/15 at 08:13:15

Did you ever get the opportunity to see / learn how to use the DT90 with Evo?  I am considering getting one unit
to try, but I cannot find much in the way of telling me how to use it with Evo and setting it up.  

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print