Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/14/24 at 18:03:33
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Purging erroneous locations (Read 879 times)
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Purging erroneous locations
09/09/08 at 10:31:49

Before I next run SM-J-C, I am going to embark on an ambitious endeavor to get rid of the invalid locations that plague me. Here are my steps...

I'll remove all entries in BKICLOC, ISBINLOC, ISBNMSTR, SERIAL, and LOT that mention the offending locations

I'll change all of the erroneous location transactions in INVTXN to show my main location instead of what they now show

I'll make sure that BKARTXN and BKARTXNS do not have any of these locations listed

and then I'll make sure that the locations do not show in the list of locations in IN-L-B

If I manage all of this, will SM-J-C refrain from recreating these deleted locations?

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Purging erroneous locations
Reply #1 - 09/09/08 at 12:20:59

We are actually working on a utility to do exactly that.  You will select a single valid Location as the replacement value (presumably your default) and then use IN-L-B and delete anything invalid from the list of Master Locations (lookup on the top part of the screen).  The program will then run through all the same files as UT-K-E (including INVTXN; there will not be an option to skip the transaction file) and anything not in the valid Location master list will be replaced with the replacement value.  All other valid Locations will be left untouched, unlike the current UT-K-E that wipes them all out and replaces everything with a single Location.

It will be part of the next update but will also be available as a download as soon as it is completed and tested.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #2 - 09/09/08 at 12:27:21

Now that is added value.  

So... what else are yoos guys working on? I see Payroll, there's this loco utility, and isn't Allen working on something that he is all excited about?  

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat!

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
fast

Reply #3 - 12/22/08 at 11:17:26

Quote from Lynn_Pantic on 09/09/08 at 12:20:59:
We are actually working on a utility to do exactly that.  You will select a single valid Location as the replacement value (presumably your default) and then use IN-L-B and delete anything invalid from the list of Master Locations (lookup on the top part of the screen).  The program will then run through all the same files as UT-K-E (including INVTXN; there will not be an option to skip the transaction file) and anything not in the valid Location master list will be replaced with the replacement value.  All other valid Locations will be left untouched, unlike the current UT-K-E that wipes them all out and replaces everything with a single Location.

It will be part of the next update but will also be available as a download as soon as it is completed and tested.

Link to DL please.

IP Logged
PaulG
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #4 - 01/07/09 at 14:59:12

How do I run this utility? Also can the default "blank" location be deleted or made inactive somehow?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print