Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 11:34:05
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Real time labor tracking and QC scrap assignation (Read 2448 times)
Kalvelis3057
Browser

Implementation
Fun!!!

Real time labor tracking and QC scrap assignation
12/18/08 at 09:53:41

Two Questions,

1. How effectively does anyone see real time labor tracking with the scanners.  People are theoretically supposed to scan in their setup/labor and then enter finished quantities.  Scan in and out for breaks and lunch, all in an effort to maintain real time tracking of labor, even if you dont cost it that way.

2. Our QC manager is unhappy with the minimal options available with the HH scanners, she was under the impression that the options available would cover any and all functions she or her people would need to do.  Bring up menus to assign scrapped items with reasons instead of just quantities and a couple other QC functions.  If they already do that, someone let me know please, if they dont, someone let me know.

thanks

"He fears his fate too much and his desserts are small, who fears to put it to the touch to win or lose it all"
-unknown-
Email   IP Logged
JDlugosh
Browser

Re: Real time labor tracking and QC scrap assignat
Reply #1 - 01/08/09 at 13:16:41

1.We have used barcode scanners for reading workorder labor routing information for abour a year now.  We bought programmable barcode scanners which can hold up to 4 programs.  Our employees only have to scan their badges and the route sheet (work order pre+suf).  2 scans with no keyboard interaction.  

The program DC-C works pretty well.  There is the ocasional hangup in the DC application which is now down to 1-2 times a week but still a pain none the less. We have 5 time collection computers distrubuted around the plant.  No person is greater than 60' away from a terminal.  You can call me should you want to discuss further.

2.  We do not use QC but you might check into the new program HH-I paperless shop floor.  It looks pretty promising.

Hope this helps.

John Dlugosh
Dlugosh Cabinet & Fixture Inc.

EVO Current Update 7 Regular 5 D.C. Users
W2k3 servers + T.S. x64
Pervasive 9.x 20 Users
WWW   IP Logged
kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Reply #2 - 01/08/09 at 14:37:16

John,
What is the Manufacturer and Model # of the Scanners that you use?

Thanks!

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation
ISTECH 2004.1 7/26/13 SP1 - 20 user
Evo-ERP Build 7/25/13 T7 -7i R6 - 3 user
(Prev version was 2004.1 10/24/12)
(All Patches Installed as of 7/26/13)
Pervasive 2000i SP4 - Crystal Reports V10
Email WWW   IP Logged
JDlugosh
Browser

Reply #3 - 01/09/09 at 12:30:58

We are using Symbol / Motorola LS 2208 units at the shop floor workstations.

John Dlugosh

W2k3 servers + T.S. x64
Pervasive 9.x 20 Users
WWW   IP Logged
cdecker

Reply #4 - 01/09/09 at 13:01:28

Hi  - This is really good information for us.  We have wanted to purchase some of the HH units but I am not sure what to buy.  I spoke to the people at one of the recommended  companies and they had me thinking that I needed them to come in and set up the system for us and it would cost over 10K$
We do use bar code scanners at workstations on the production floor and enter labor everyday but I think that the HH would be great for QC and Shipping and especially good for our machine shop
Anyone else have anything to add about collecting labor and real time costs - it would be appreciated
Regards
Debra

Cheri Decker
Awareness Technology, Inc
Evo Version 2015.2; Build 7/2/15 Pervasive 10.12/Win2008/Client-server
43 Full/5 DC Users
GOLD Support
Member Since 2002
Email   IP Logged
JDlugosh
Browser

Reply #5 - 01/09/09 at 14:41:24

Debra

We are using a Motorola MC3090(formerly Symbol). The MC3xxx units are pricey but a solid solution for a truely mobile real-time shop environment.  Once configured they are pretty bullet proof.  Motorola's staff has been very helpful (suprisingly) with writing custom boot scripts too. It is used by our shipping / receiving / material handlers.  They use it for receiving materials and receiving finished goods.  

FYI we run EVO and Classic on a Win 2003 server, We have a seperate 2003 Enterprise server 64 bit edition for running terminal services.  Add in a couple of Cisco wireless access points ($275ea) and 1 MC 3090 (to start).  

I also consulted several companies out there and found  much better pricing with a local company Vairant Microsysyems.

John Dlugosh

W2k3 servers + T.S. x64
Pervasive 9.x 20 Users
WWW   IP Logged
Kalvelis3057
Browser

Implementation
Fun!!!

Reply #6 - 01/29/09 at 16:44:46

Thanks for the reply, been playing around quite a bit in trying to make sure our current usage will be met or exceeded with the new system.  

QC seems to be our biggest stickler, we are ISO and our QC department is going nuts over their standards not being met (not sure if the system is the issue or having to do more work is).  

Looks like aside from QC's questioning that the HH module will meet or exceed our needs, I can only hope that remains the case.

"He fears his fate too much and his desserts are small, who fears to put it to the touch to win or lose it all"
-unknown-
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print