Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 14:33:30
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Extra generous paycheck (Read 684 times)
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Extra generous paycheck
12/29/08 at 07:52:52

So... we were extra generous with one employee on the last payroll period. We paid them double time for the holiday (even though it was straight holiday pay and they really weren't here working.) You see how generous we are? The problem is, it shouldn't have happened. We can't figure out why it paid one person double time and everyone else the proper normal time. We can't find anything different. We checked the payroll defaults for the division, we checked the employee data. Nothing seems different but it still automatically assumed this one employee needed more money. To top it off, I'm told that once payroll is posted (which they did...) it's not nice to void a payroll check. It'll puke all over the general ledger if you try. So, I suppose we're stuck with the extra high paycheck for this one employee but we'd rather it not happen all of the time. Any ideas?

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

EvoERP Version 1-22-10 SP3
5 User Workgroup Pervasive 10
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Extra generous paycheck
Reply #1 - 12/29/08 at 10:19:03

No idea why it did it but you should be able to void it.  There used to be a posting problem with voids if you used GL Departments but as far as I know, that was foixed a long time ago.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print