Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/28/24 at 22:50:14
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Running UPDATE into live tables (Read 1390 times)
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Running UPDATE into live tables
01/06/09 at 11:21:02

For the past 18 months we have been running a web app that does data mining, reporting, and data look ups on our live data (SELECT queries.) It is internal only at this point. We have also been doing INSERTs of data into the EDI table for order entry with this app. More recently we went to doing some of our order entry directly into the BKARINV, BKARINVL, and BKARDESC tables, as well as doing all of our RMA entries to ISSRINV, ISSRINVL, and BKARDESC.  

I knew it was coming. Two weeks ago the Engineering manager asked if I could give his people the ability to update Item info, like vendor part numbers and status. So, the question is, what kind of collisions might happen if I'm trying to run UPDATE queries on BKICMSTR, MTICMSTR, etc.?

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Re: Running UPDATE into live tables
Reply #1 - 01/06/09 at 15:10:09

let me put it to you this way....  I went through many hours, and pains to fix record locking of BKICMSTR/MTICMSTR..

you could undue all my hard work by doing this... but hey its your neck, not mine!

seriously, the vendor part number is in BKSBVEND, so should not be an issue, but what do you mean by status?? UOH/ UOO/ WIP  stuff like that?? that could lead to record locking.. and then there is BKICLOC too...

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: Running UPDATE into live tables
Reply #2 - 01/06/09 at 21:26:21

I did not mean status, I meant serial control, lot control, active?, etc. I guess I was stumped for words at that moment Smiley

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print