Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 12:39:47
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
URGENT! Cannot print payroll checks after update!! (Read 848 times)
wildco

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

URGENT! Cannot print payroll checks after update!!
01/14/09 at 09:12:05

I am having a problem printing the payroll checks after installing the payroll update.  I am on version 2004.1 with ISTECH patch 1/12/06.  Pervasive is 2000i.

When I go to print payroll checks, on the first date field (entering 1/14/09), I get the following sequence of errors:
1.  A record was not found in FILELOC for file - ISGLDATE.B - 4
2.  The field you are trying to use in unallocated.  It may belong to a file that hasn't been opened yet, or was an array that was removed from memory - ISGL.1YDATE
3.  The VALID expression returned false.  The entry must be done again.

I installed the update on Monday, but did not think to check printing payroll checks, so I cannot restore from a backup due to all the changes since Monday.

All I wanted from the update was the tax tables, but there was no area to just download that, I had to install the whole update.  I beg that just tax tables be posted in the future, without anything else.

I have to distribute payroll checks tomorrow, but have no way to do so.  Is there any way that either 1. Someone happens to know what happened and how to fix it, or 2.  How to undo this last update.

Please help ASAP.  I need to pay people tomorrow!  Thank you very much.

Aaron

2004.1 with ISTECH 1/12/06
  IP Logged
wildco

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: URGENT! Cannot print payroll checks after upda
Reply #1 - 01/14/09 at 09:14:53

I did rebuild all the *.B files with "File" in the name as instructed.  This did not help.

Aaron

IP Logged
wildco

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 01/14/09 at 10:26:08

After reinstalling all the old (pre update) .RUN files, we were able to print payroll checks again.

Please, please make tax table updates available separate from updates in the future.

Aaron

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 01/15/09 at 08:54:57

Unfortunately, we can't do it that way.  The changes to the withholdings are not just in the tax tables, they are also in the RUN files and there were also significant changes to the data structure as well.  You need to contact us if there are problems so they can be resolved properly.  I will call you so that we can get it properly straightened out.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print