Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 12:07:53
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vac/Sick Entry Screen Vacation Due Wrong (Read 1514 times)
vanderkim
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Vac/Sick Entry Screen Vacation Due Wrong
02/07/09 at 10:35:22

Having run a crystal report drawing vacation accrual information in the BKPRW2 table, I found that the VacDue field amounts reported in the crystal report do not match the DBA entry screen (VAC/SICK) vacation due amounts.  The maintain database data in BKPRW2 table matches the crystal report data.  

I also found that the next accrual date in the entry screen is all over the place with some employees showing a current date and others showing dates many years ago.

Help please on how to correct this problem.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Vac/Sick Entry Screen Vacation Due Wrong
Reply #1 - 02/07/09 at 11:49:55

The PR-A screen is not looking at BKPRW2; you are looking at the wrong file.  BKPRW2 is a snapshot at year end used for W-2s.  Current information as displayed in PR-A is looking at ISPRMSTR (IS Tech Updates) or BKPRMSTR (Original DBA Classic without updates)

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #2 - 03/10/09 at 10:37:48

We are having problems with vacation accrual also.  
 First of all the date does not change consistently-- it changes on some but not others and seems to be all over the place, as vanderkim says.  I wrote some time ago to try getting an answer on what date should go in this field-- no answer but we settled on the last day of the last  biweekly pay period.  Maybe it should be the first day of the current pay period?
Second, the vacation (PTO in our case) accrual seems to be happening on regular pay only-- we actually  (by someone's logic) accumulate vacation on overtime, holiday and vacation used.  
We like to print the available hours on the paycheck stub.  Is there any way to fix this?  Extra paid for programming?

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #3 - 03/24/09 at 07:34:35

Lynn I got your answer on the date change in the post I made to the problems section, Thanks, that makes sense.

However, problem we are having with the amount accrued is the fact that the program only uses regular hours and we want it to use total hours.  The calculation ratio is for 40 hours a week for a year.  Vacation (PTO) can not be excluded  because then no one would ever get to take vacation and still get the promised accrual. And how can you exclude overtime?  

I guess in the scheme of things this is not that important but we are using the Payroll program now and would like to be able to print available vacation (PTO)  on the paychecks.

Can this be fixed?

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #4 - 03/27/09 at 07:31:10

I have been corresponding via email with Lynn on this problem and Lynn has said that her program does include all hours worked so I am not sure why when we run payroll the accrual is for regular hours worked only.

In my last post I asked that the accrual hours include vacation taken.  However, the payroll department has been thinking incorrectly about the vacation hours used and how it affects accrual-  I think because we were using Quickbooks payroll and it was set up to use total hours for the accrual (not sure if that could have been changed but since we aren't using it anymore it doesn't matter!)  After recalculating the ratio by subtracting out vacation hours from total hours worked in a  year I realized we do not need the accrual hours to include vacation taken (by subtracting out the vacation earned from total hours worked for the year, the accrual rate is increased).  

So my only problem now is that the accrual doesn't seem to include overtime hours as well as regular hours.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 03/29/09 at 08:03:22

I could have sworn I tested with Overtime but I discussed with the programmer and looked at the program and retested and confirmed that overtime is currently not included.  Next update will include an option on the screen to define which types of hours are included in the accrual.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #6 - 03/30/09 at 07:48:38

That's great-  Thanks Lynn!

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print