Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 04:06:50
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SO Num in Bar Code has leading zero (Read 2152 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

SO Num in Bar Code has leading zero
02/10/09 at 08:22:49

The SO number in one of our companies appears to have a leading zero in it, as evidenced when I added the bar coded field to our packing slip and we scanned the field (actually you can see it in the human readable text under the bar code as well).  This isn't the case in our other company. The company that appears to have a leading zero in front has 5 digit sales order numbers; the other company has six digit numbers.

I can't figure out why the leading zero is there, but it's for all SO numbers in the company. Would not have noticed but for the bar code!

?????

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: SO Num in Bar Code has leading zero
Reply #1 - 02/13/09 at 09:49:12

Er, anybody have any idea how to deal with this issue???

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #2 - 02/13/09 at 10:06:29

It was hard to tell from your first post if this is an issue/problem or just a curiosity. Is it causing problems?

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #3 - 02/17/09 at 11:32:58

OOps, I wrote zero when I meant a SPACE---DUH!    embarrassed  Boy, I gotta stop working so many hours.  Geez,so sorry!  The SO numbers all have a leading space in one company for some reason, which I don't think should be correct.  But given that's how things are set up, will this leading space cause problems with bar coding the SO # and then scanning it in?

Should we somehow fix those leading spaces, or just not worry about it? We never noticed this until we started the bar codes.

Again, sorry about that earlier piece of incorrect information.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #4 - 03/13/09 at 07:04:31

Mike and Lynn helped to fix this issue.  Michel Cousineau indicated the problem was that the field for the SO number (BKAR.INV.SONUM) is numeric and by nature, right jusified.  When a numeric field is put into a barcode, it right-justifies and pads with leading spaces.  So he worked to add a new field to SOC called ALPHA.SONUM.  Then all I had to do was load up the latest version of T6soc, and then add that alpha.sonum as a barcode field to the packing slip. Once that was done, we scanned the field and there were no leading spaces.  Which was great, because it was causing problems with the UPS link (UPS was not finding the SO# when it had the leading spaces).

Thanks Mike and Lynn!

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
NTMSTR
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 08/13/09 at 16:34:29

Wow, same issue here at Prier.

Is the solution one you did in house, or was the repair imported into your system.  Just set up the barcode system to populate the UPS Worldship and we can't play with our new toy yet!

Thanks,

Nick

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #6 - 08/13/09 at 17:30:09

If you have the latest update installed, edit your SOC RTM so that the bar code object is bar coding the field ALPHA.SONUM rather than BKAR.INV.SONUM

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print