Send Topic Print
Inventory costs (Read 2061 times)
jeanned
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Inventory costs
03/27/09 at 09:13:13

embarrassedIs there anyway to change a standard cost in Inventory?  We have some ficticious numbers in some items that are throwing my WIP and Inventory accounts into millions of dollars that should be hundreds of thousands.  We keep trying to fix but nothing seems to change it.

HELP! cry

IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: Inventory costs
Reply #1 - 03/27/09 at 10:49:51

Are you sure you mean standard? That's pretty straight forward with IN-L-A or you can do it from IN-B for each purchased part (be sure to save the std cost and the part) and then just roll up the costs with BM-G.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #2 - 03/27/09 at 10:52:36

I'm not sure if this is what you need, but there is a setting in the system inventory defaults to give access to standard cost in IN-B.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
jeanned
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 03/27/09 at 12:33:14

Thanks for the answers.  The cost is still the same.  I went into In-L- A.  And also IN-B and it won't let me in the field with the cost in it.  Perhaps I have something set wrong in the defaults.  I was in the defaults and it was S, for standard and permission to change standard cost in the defaults.  I just don't know if there is a setting I am missing or what is going on.  

Totally frustrating.

lips sealed

IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #4 - 03/27/09 at 13:04:17

It will not let you in that field if the item is type A, B, K, or F (maybe others) because the Std Cost for those items comes from a roll up of the parts. Correct the std costs of the purchased parts that go into the assemblies or finished goods and then you can do a roll up (BM-G) to correct the std cost of the assembly/finished goods.

For instance, say you have a product, the proverbial widget, that is made up of two brackets and two screws. So, the widget has four items on the BOM, each of which you purchase from vendors. Go in and correct the std cost on the brackets and the screws, then run BM-G on the widget to roll up the cost of the brackets and screws into the cost of the parent item, the widget.  

I run IN-L-E, BM-G, and IN-D (set to rebuild) weekly to keep our costs and our items screen info up-to-date. Takes awhile, but the processes run with little attention and they really do help.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
jeanned
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 03/27/09 at 13:41:30

SmileyThat certainly helps.  Now I thing we will make some progress here.
Thank you very much!

Jeanne

IP Logged
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

Reply #6 - 03/27/09 at 14:15:46

There is also the off-menu program FIXSTD.  It will give you access to the fields that IN-L-E won't. Use with care.

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
Actican Zen V14 SP2 Workgroup
Win7 64-bit and Win10 Pro
WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #7 - 03/14/17 at 07:15:28

Quote from GasGiant on 03/27/09 at 13:04:17:
I run IN-L-E, BM-G, and IN-D (set to rebuild) weekly to keep our costs and our items screen info up-to-date. Takes awhile, but the processes run with little attention and they really do help.

GasGiant said he ran these weekly..... How often do most people run these?

Lynn previously said "Standard is a benchmark and should be updated as frequently as you deem necessary.  Some people update standards quarterly, some annually.   It depends what you use it for"

Thanks
Laura  

tag: Average LIFO FIFO Standard Cost  IN-L-A

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #8 - 03/15/17 at 09:21:30

We do run the Stock Status Rebuild utility (IN-L-S) before we run any report that accesses inventory levels outside of DBA/Evo. This generally happens about 3 times a week. AFAIK this has no effect on any type of Cost, only Unit quantities (On Hand, On WO, on SO, etc).

We don't run either of the other regularly, and in fact I don't believe we've ever run IN-L-E. We just don't care too much about SC.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print