Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 14:48:11
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
where is the check number (Read 830 times)
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

where is the check number
04/01/09 at 14:37:54

We just ran a payroll and it was filled with user errors!  The worst thing that happened was that the payroll clerk hit ESC in the middle of printing checks ( she wanted to get out ) and the checks were recorded as printed and disappeared from the current register, but weren't really printed.  Our solution was to void the checks and then re-enter the payroll and print again.  I did a search of the forum after the fact and found a much easier way but by then we had accomplished the deed.  

Now however, I am trying to run an access report to print the pay date, employee, pay amount and check number.  I know I could go to the GL and get this info but I am trying to make these reports centralized and limited to PR only.  I know the check number is somewhere because in PR-I I see both a voided payroll and a second payroll with a check number.  But if I look at the BKPRHIST file I see "VOIDED" in the check number for both payrolls.  

Where can I find the check number?  

additional note:
I just looked in the BKPRHIST file in Maintain database, and I see the Voided one and the one with the check number.  But when I link to the database in Access, I see voided in both and think the second voided is the first payroll that was entered (and voided) because of one employee that we changed in the second run-  the pay amount is the same in the two records but it should be different.  
Can anyone tell me why access can not see the record I am looking for?

« Last Edit: 04/01/09 at 16:03:04 by cathyh »  

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
deburr

Re: where is the check number
Reply #1 - 04/02/09 at 14:16:20

Cathy

Your data seems fine. That is normally what happens when we void a PR check. The program replaces the check number with VOIDED. Then all the other reports ignore that check. It has to be an Access thing.  

Another glitch in PR "check voiding" is that one of the user defined deduction amounts, (can't remember for sure but I think it is an  employer amount) does not back out correctly. This is a very old problem that no one seems able to determine why and fix. I just do a credit memo in accounts payable to straighten that out each time.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #2 - 04/08/09 at 10:46:59

I don't think we had the backout problem because our voided totals in the GL were the same as the original payroll.
In Maintain database I see tow records for each employee for the same pay date and one has check # 'Voided" and the other has a valid check number.

But in access I definitely have two records for each employee for the same pay date but with "Voided" in both check # fields.
This is a big problem because I am relying on that information to  run quite a few reports.  I am stuck on how to deal with it-- any suggestions access users?

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #3 - 04/08/09 at 11:33:39

I figured out that I needed to add the check number to the key fields (along with emp # and PR date) for the PR history table.  That fixed the check field data.

Now I am looking for the department Name-  does anyone know where that field can be found?

Thanks!

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print