Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 23:44:00
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New ISTechSupport.com web site (Read 2825 times)
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

New ISTechSupport.com web site
04/06/09 at 21:20:51

The updates of all of the several Evo/IS Tech is complete as of right now with the launch of the new version of http://www.istechsupport.com

The redesign is just the beginning of the updating, however, and a number of new features will be put into place soon. With the expected update later this month there will be a new set of pages used for retrieving updates and patches that will keep track of your current version and patch downloads so that we are better able to inform everyone when maintenance releases are available. A new blog-style area will hold helpful articles. We also plan to update the forum software to the newest version which offers RSS feeds for watching forums and threads, as well as better spam filtering.

Best of all, everything that has always been here for you is still here and any direct links that you have set up should continue to work.

As always, IS Tech wants to hear your feedback, whether positive or negative, to help us better meet your needs.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Re: New ISTechSupport.com web site
Reply #1 - 04/07/09 at 08:10:41

I was surprised this morning when I clicked my shortcut to the forum and this page came up-- I had a hard time finding the forum link because there is so much on the page!  I like it! -- can't wait to have time to read it all!

In the meantime since I don't know where to post this really, I am having a problem with the PSQL category on the forum--

I posted yesterday and there was an answer, but when I looked at the main page this morning the last post in PSQL said 3/12/09, and the new post indicator was not lit.  When I opened the category, I saw my post at the top with a response listed.  

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #2 - 04/07/09 at 08:40:05

That section has been squirrelly for a long time. Hopefully the software upgrade will fix it.

The list of IS Tech web sites is on the left of the page, now. Upper left is navigation within the current site, middle left is intra-site navigation (moving between sites) and lower left is contact info. this pattern holds true for istechsupport.com, evoerp.com and evo2web.com. For this site and the wiki there is an intersite nav bar at the top of the pages. The bug tracker and the web help sites do not conform yet, but I'll add a nav bar to them soon.

GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #3 - 04/08/09 at 06:55:38

There is also a new "multi-site search" feature in the left column of three revamped sites. It says "Google Custom Search" and it will scour all of the IS Tech connected web sites, including the forum, the wiki, the web help, and the FAQ with one click of the Search button.

skyywalker

Use [the] Force
Luke!

Reply #4 - 04/08/09 at 13:04:40

Yes, I do like that...I can't wait to try it out!!!!

Malcolm Boykin
Hectech Support, LLC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print